- 1st Mountain Group
- 2nd Mountain Battalion
- 3rd Mountain Battalion General de divizie principe Friederich von Hohenzolern
- 23rd Mountain Battalion
- 2nd Mountain Group
- 1st Mountain Battalion Regele Carol al II-lea
- 4th Mountain Battalion
- 24th Mountain Battalion
- 1st Mountain Artillery Group
- 1st Mountain Howitzer Battalion
- 2nd Mountain Gun Battalion
- 2nd Mountain Pioneer Battalion
On 22 June 1941, the brigade had 383 officers, 319 NCOs and 11,628 soldiers. They were equipped with 10,069 rifles, 331 ZB-30 LMGs, 90 HMGs, 80 mortars and 27 artillery pieces. For transportation it had 4,774 horses, 624 horse-drawn carts and 116 motorized vehicles.
It took part in the fighting from the first day of the offensive on the Romanian front, being almost constantly involved in operations during more than 8 months. On 15 March 1942, it was transformed into the 1st Mountain Division.