- 3rd Mountain Group
- 5th Mountain Battalion Avram Iancu
- 12th Mountain Battalion Spatarul Coman
- 22nd Mountain Battalion
- 6th Mountain Group
- 6th Mountain Battalion
- 11th Mountain Battalion Hatmanul Luca Arbore
- 21st Mountain Battalion
- 3rd Mountain Artillery Group
- 3rd Mountain Howitzer Battalion
- 1st Mountain Gun Battalion
- 3rd Mountain Pioneer Battalion
On 22 June 1941, the brigade had 423 officers, 307 NCOs and 14,246 soldiers. These were equipped with 13,019 ZB rifles, 550 submachine-guns, 354 ZB-30 light machine-guns, 133 heavy machine-guns, 96 mortars, 60 artillery pieces, 6,513 horses and 1,220 horse-drawn carts.
It did not take part in the 1941 campaign, because it was kept on the frontier with Hungary in Southwestern Transylvania. On 15 March 1942, it was reorganized and transformed into the 3rd Mountain Division.