Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Book is available,
Fratello
  Posted: October 19, 2014 12:02 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 475

QUOTE (Radub @ October 19, 2014 11:33 am)
QUOTE (Fratello @ October 19, 2014 09:36 am)
Are you satisfied, DF?                         

Is "Vranceanu" the same person as "Daniel Focsa"? huh.gif
How does that tally with point 9 of the Forum Guidelines?

Yes, Daniel Focsa is using also "Vranceanu", that is name of his grandftaher.

This post has been edited by Fratello on October 19, 2014 12:17 pm
PMEmail Poster
Antoniu
Posted: October 19, 2014 01:18 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2824

It deviated from the subject for the sake of childish questions without sense and substance, if they accept those asking questions on the subject of the book, on the volume of work that was needed.
It was hard work, has been researching a huge volume of documents, was a job for two years. Who studied the documents in the archives know what I mean, for some are matters paranormal.
If necessary I can answer questions related to the subject of the book relevant.
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: October 19, 2014 01:41 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

You have nothing to worry about. Those who really care about Romanian aviation will love it. Jealous people will "split hairs" no matter what, but that is not a reflection on your work.
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MaxFax
Posted: October 20, 2014 05:09 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Radub @ October 19, 2014 01:33 pm)
QUOTE (Fratello @ October 19, 2014 09:36 am)
Are you satisfied, DF?                         

Is "Vranceanu" the same person as "Daniel Focsa"? huh.gif
How does that tally with point 9 of the Forum Guidelines?

Multiple personality ?! wink.gif
PM
Alexei2102
Posted: October 20, 2014 06:37 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

Ja, ja, Der Fuhrer has spoken, everyone must obey!!!
PMEmail Poster
Cantacuzino
Posted: October 20, 2014 07:51 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

[/QUOTE]The cover photo is the same which was used on Profir's book, "Singur pe cerul stalingradului". [QUOTE]

On the cover of the book is a He 111 H6 used by 78sq for Black Sea missions .
Profir flew He 111 H 3 in the Stalingrad sky.
So the cover with a H6 for his memories book was not a good choice.

Congrats the author for the new book.
Good ideea that was translated in English and wish many copies will be sell worldwide. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on October 20, 2014 07:52 am
PM
Vranceanu
Posted: October 20, 2014 11:10 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 2252

I am glad for being attacked personnaly, I only asked some normal questions.

1) What is the publishing house ? - no Publishing house - OK, congratulations.

2) What are the bookshops which sells this book ? - No bookshops - Ok, congratulations.

3) If Sorin Tulea gifted to Mr Antoniu the copyrights on his photos, with legal documents - No answer. - This was important for every resercher who for example wants to use some Tules's photo. Don't you think ?

4) I asked if the book has a ISBN - Fratello gived me the ISBN, very fine, thank you !

About the photo cover, it was only a personal point of vue, as I have worked 10 years in few important publishing houses and I know it is not prefered, by commercial reasons, to use the same photo for two different books, but this was the author's choice.

I never said anything bad about the book, I didn't criticised it because I don't have read it. I only asked for some technical informations, that's all. Why so mmuch agressivity ? Mr Antoniu is the author and he may answer the questions on his book, or he may not, that's all.

This post has been edited by Vranceanu on October 20, 2014 11:17 am
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: October 20, 2014 01:30 pm
Quote Post

"Books on Romanian aviation" are a tiny niche in a small corner of a dwindling market.
We need to support all the people who invest their own time, effort and money in promoting Romanian aviation.
Radu
Daniel Focsa
Posted: October 20, 2014 03:41 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 3365

QUOTE (Radub @ October 20, 2014 01:30 pm)
"Books on Romanian aviation" are a tiny niche in a small corner of a dwindling market.
We need to support all the people who invest their own time, effort and money in promoting Romanian aviation.
Radu

Yes, but I didn't noticed any support concerning my books. Au contraire, I was attacked since 2008, since my very first book.

This post has been edited by Daniel Focsa on October 20, 2014 03:42 pm
Radub
Posted: October 20, 2014 03:53 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Daniel Focsa @ October 20, 2014 03:41 pm)

Yes, but I didn't noticed any support concerning my books.

Your books are your books and they are judged on their own merits. Same applies to everyone else.
Radu
Daniel Focsa
Posted: October 20, 2014 04:00 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Ok, so I am free to say that a book must have an editor (publishing house) and be found in bookshops, that's why publishing houses and bookshops were invented for. I don't discuss the book's value, quality, information, I discuss the manner of publish and distribution here.
Radub
Posted: October 20, 2014 05:56 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Daniel Focsa @ October 20, 2014 04:00 pm)
Ok, so I am free to say that a book must have an editor (publishing house) and be found in bookshops, that's why publishing houses and bookshops were invented for. I don't discuss the book's value, quality, information, I discuss the manner of publish and distribution here.

Those "questions" were asked by Vranceanu. You just confirmed that you have two accounts.
This thread is not about you. Please open a separate thread to air your grievances.
Radu
Daniel Focsa
Posted: October 20, 2014 06:59 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

QUOTE (Radub @ October 20, 2014 05:56 pm)
QUOTE (Daniel Focsa @ October 20, 2014 04:00 pm)

Those "questions" were asked by Vranceanu. You just confirmed that you have two accounts.
This thread is not about you. Please open a separate thread to air your grievances.
Radu

Radu B:

Yes I have two acounts, with the permission of the admin. If this is not ok, he may block "vranceanu".

I do not understand if you are the official or unofficial defender of the author of this book. I didn't talk about me. I have asked some questions about his book, he may answer or not, I don't need answers from you and I don't need your permission to tell my opinion on Mr Antoniu's book.

This post has been edited by Daniel Focsa on October 20, 2014 07:00 pm
Radub
Posted: October 20, 2014 07:22 pm
Quote Post

Your questions were answered.
The complaint that you do not get "support" is a separate matter and does not belong here.
This book is great and deserves support. Buy the book and you will understand what I mean.
Radu
Daniel Focsa
Posted: October 20, 2014 08:38 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

I had no complaint. You said "We need to support all the people who invest their own time, effort and money in promoting Romanian aviation" - and I simply answered I didn't notice any support for what I do.

If you made the translation of english version, this means you are involved in this project, so I don't know how objective you can be in this problem. I expect to hear that it is a great book, from cronicles, historians, journalists, not from the translator. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Daniel Focsa on October 20, 2014 08:47 pm
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0221 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]