- 4th Motorized Rosiori Regiment Regina Maria
- 3rd Motorized Calarasi Regiment
- 12th Motorized Rosiori Regiment Bazargic
- 2nd Motorized Calarasi Regiment General David Praporgescu
- 3rd Motorized Artillery Regiment
It was formed on 1 July 1943 by motorizing the 8th Cavalry Division and subordinating the 12th Rosiori Regiment to it. Because of the slow pace of vehicle deliveries from Germany, it was decided that the 8th Cavalry Division should also take the vehicles destined for the motorization of the 5th Cavalry Division. The latter’s transformation into a motorized division was postponed indefinitely.
During the summer of 1944 began the process of transforming the 8th Motorized Cavalry Division into the second armored division of the Romanian Army. The 4th Rosiori Regiment was going to be converted into a tank regiment.
At the time of the Soviet offensive in late August 1944, the training of the Romanian personnel was not yet complete and the tanks and self-propelled guns were taken over by the German Braun Detachment and rushed to the front. The 8th Cavalry Division became again a motorized unit, losing its the armored element. Under this name and OoB it took part in the campaign against the Axis in Transylvania during the autumn of 1944.