Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Digging the ground......
Dr_V
Posted: April 19, 2004 08:27 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 71

mabadesc:

Your ideea isn't offending, but I don't belive it would be propper. Whatever I'll do, I'll do myself, it's my land and so my problem. I'm not a rich man, but I can arrange a propper funeral if it's needed.

But your idea, combined with "Dan Po"s last post, made me think at a much more interesting action. If the forum administrators are willing to support the idea, we can organise a fund-raising for building a small monument or a "troitza" in Russia for our fallen heroes. What do you say, gentlemen?

Von Maybach:

I don't have any problem being in the vicinity or above a grave. A corpse or skeleton is no reason to be unconfortable. Maybe as a result of my proffession, I don't suffer from the very popular fear of cemetrys and dead people. I also don't belive in ghosts, at least not in the form they're imagined by most people. So I was serious about not minding to "host" an unmarked grave in my garden.

My only uncertainty is if that Russian's spirit (if it's still around) will be confortable in a garden. That I'll probably never know, I hope it will.

I was thinking of raising a "troitza" in the street-corner of the garden. I believe it would be a propper symbol.

[[for the forreign members on the forum: a "troitza" is a small hut that hosts a cross, painted with christian religious symbols and served by the local priest when finished. It's a Romanian old custom and servs to remind the travellers passing on the road that Christ is watching over them at all times]]

Finally, I wanna say that I'm not very kean to be suspected by the Romanian police, famos for its stupidity, untill they figure out that this Russian is indeed dead since '45 and it's not someone I've killed last year. More, I konw about the grave from a few old peasants, I'm not really sure if it is on that particular piece of land (my garden is, after all, only 500sqm wide and it's neighboring with 3 other gardens, poorly delimitated). All the orriginal trees and fences were destroyed about 30 years ago, when the former owner (who sold it to me last year) plowded it and used it to grow corn.

I have this moral dilema, even if I'm not sure of the precise location of the body. After reading your posts, I'll really try to solve it out. But if with the 20 or so tree pits I'll dig I won't find the grave, I'll plant the garden and that's it. The "troitza" I plann to build will have to satisfy the religious considerations regarding the grave. You may think I'm cold harted, but there are worst ends than resting burried in a garden ...
PM
Elisa
Posted: May 09, 2004 06:24 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

:cheers:

boys (sorry for the intimacy) - that's what I like about you Romanians - you still believe in something and have a certain attitude towards the death and religious matters.

I hope this won't change through the years - like in the rest of Europe!

I for myself (as being Austrian - but luckily from the western part, which was not under russian occupation, wouldn't like the idea of having one of those russian soldiers in my garden - maybe an anti-demon ritual would do...kidding, but these guys are not very much appreciated in Austria/Germany - if you know what they did our women + children.

and I could imagine, they did the same to romanian women back then?!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0360 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]