Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hungarian Yacht HUNGARIA
Th. Dorgeist
Posted: July 11, 2003 06:29 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Hello!

In the year 1943 to the Hungarian Reichsverweser Admiral von Horthy received as personal gift from Adolf Hitler with threw Ruthof, Regensburg built yacht HUNGARIA.

I look for data for the time of this yacht as leader ship of the Hungarian Danube flotilla (commissioning, employment, armament, end) for the time 1943 - 1945 (47) and the Date of the launching and the delivery.

Yours sincerely

Theo
PM
Dénes
Posted: July 13, 2003 02:14 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I found a Hungarian source that might answer your questions: The "Yacht" Magazine, published in Budapest, No. 1/1998. The article 'Történelmi jachtok' (= historical yachts), by Tibor Mészáros. However, I don't have this particular magazine, sorry.

Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Th. Dorgeist
Posted: July 13, 2003 04:47 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Hello Dénes,

thank you for the reference!
Me this article would continue to help surely with my search.
Perhaps someone is in the forum that me a Scann of The "yacht" of magazines, published in Budapest, No. 1/1998. The article ' Toerténelmi jachtok ' (= historical yacht), by Tibor Mészáros.
To procure can?? It is today still a very interesting ship of which on the Rhine as Guest ship of the Federal Republic of Germany drives!

Again thanks

Theo
PM
Th. Dorgeist
Posted: November 27, 2003 12:35 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Hallo !

Leider habe ich zur HUNGARIA nichts mehr erfahren.

Weder bin ich bei den Zeitschriften – Artikel weiter gekommen noch sonst was.

Ich suche aber den freundlichen Leser der mir das Datum der Indienststellung bei der ungarischen Donau – Flottille geschickt hat.

Leider habe ich alle Informationen durch einen Festplattenschaden am 22. 9. verloren.

Es wäre schön wenn ich noch etwas erfahren könnte.

Grüße

Theo

Hello! Unfortunately I experienced nothing more to HUNGARIA. Neither I am with the magazines? Article far come still otherwise which. I look for however the friendly reader that me the date of the setting into service with the Hungarian Danube? Flotilla sent. Unfortunately I have all information by a non removable disk damage to 22. 9. lost. It would be beautifully if I still something experience could. Greetings Theo
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0278 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]