Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Present yourself
aidan zea
Posted: September 20, 2012 07:42 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 3341

Hello to all forumists! My name is Carol, I am from Arad, and topics that interest me are history of Transylvania, WWII in general, armored warfare, tactics and strategies, great battles! I am sometimes caustic but I hope to not interpreted as rudeness... Being a member of several other WWII related forums from Hungary and Germany (I speak both languages) I readed for some time posts that present interest to me from this forum. Hope to bring new informations and different perspectives (who does not want that!) and also to learn from the dialogue I will have here! I already found interesting topics where I can bring a contribution. I'm glad I'm here!
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: September 21, 2012 05:19 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Welcome and enjoy your stay!
We are looking forward to your contributions.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on September 21, 2012 05:45 am
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
aidan zea
Posted: September 29, 2012 05:52 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 3341

Thank you Denes! I'm glad to be here, and hope to actively participate in interesting discussions!
PMEmail Poster
Fulger
Posted: December 16, 2012 04:42 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3436

Eric, Age 50, Live South Carolina, USA

Very glad to be a part of this group !!

Mainly interested in the obscure and unusual facets of WW2
Axis Minor Countries, OOB's, TO&E, Battles
Field Fortifications (other than Maginot & Siegfried)
Territorial disputes related to WW1 and before that had direct ramifications on causes and reasoning in WW2 (i.e Plebicites, etc..)
Nationalistic viewpoints
Gaining a greater knowledge of all events and persons involved in WW2
To be smarter tomarrow from what i learn today !!

Don't tread on me, I bite back smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: January 05, 2013 07:50 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 3451

Hi Together,
i'm a swiss citizen, but live since a view years in the nice town of Sibiu in Romania.
The things i like the most in Romania is the optimism of the people and also the extraordinary hospitality of them. Well, and the landscape here in Sibiu county is close to the swiss landscape in some parts.
I'm happily married to a Romanian and father of a sweet 4 1/2 year old daughter.
So sayd, yes i speek and understand the romanian language.

Since childhood i was interested in any kind of uniforms. Later on this interest turned mostly to WWII german uniforms. Simply because some of them really look stricking.
Did a lot of 1/35 scale figures and tanks.

When finished with military i began to collect different kind of visor caps from different armies.
Had from Germans, Americans, Italians, Hungarians and Russians.
Nowadays only the following remained:
- SS black
- US Marine Corps Officers white
- US Army Officers
- US Navy Officers
- DDR Officers
- USSR Artilery Officers
- Romanian Navy Captains white
- and a view hungarians

But at any time i was the most fascinated in the stricking german uniforms, mainly Waffen-SS.
But to be clear, by no means i'm racist or do support any kind of crime which was done during WWII. I do accept any ethnic groups and any Religion.
I just simply like the uniforms.

Have quite a few books about german uniformology, with reprints of prewar booklets. But also later publications which describe all the uniforms in detail and how they got worn.

Wanted a long time a Uniform for Reenactment, but never wanted to spend the money for a original one.
Over the last few days did a extensiv research on the web to find Repros of uniforms which are quite accurate to originals.
Finally i found what i was looking for:
- M34 Officers Tunic in Gabardine, from a supplier in Singapure
- Officer Breeches in Gabardine, Singapure supplier
- Crusher Visor cap with Gabardine top, Singapure supplier
- Collar Tabs, Italian supplier
- Shoulder Boards, Italian Supplier
- Cap Cord and Buttons for, Italian Supplier
- Officers Buckle and Belt, Italian supplier
- Shoulder Board rank pips, Norwegian supplier
- Sleeve Eagle, Norwegian supplier
- Cap insigna skull and eagle, Norwegian supplier
- Divers awards, Norwegian supplier
- Ribbon bar, Chinese supplier
The whole Uniform excluding the boots will cost me finally approximatly 560 dollars.

Unfortunatelly i realised that Reenactment is not a big point of interest here in Romania, specially i guess WWII german.
Anyway, even this is a Romanian board with main interest in Romanian Military history i hope to find others which have also interest in probably forming a Reenactment group for german military history.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if interested.

Edit 08.01.2013:
The items i ordered lately and which should arrive the next 2-3 weeks.
The tunic is with buttons for left and right shoulderboards and also the officers pipping around the collar.
The Ribbon Bar is not ordered as shown, but want to put this assembly together from different Ribbon Bars.
Just missing is the Cufftitle for 8th SS Cavalry Division "Florian Geyer" (haven't found a nice one yet),
Brachcolor is pink while for SS-Panzerjäger Battalion 8.
Have chosen this division because a lot of members of this division came from Siebenbürgen (Transylvania) while origin germans.
user posted image

Greetings
Robi

This post has been edited by Elvetian on January 08, 2013 03:00 pm
PMEmail Poster
Cantacuzino
Posted: January 07, 2013 08:19 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

Welcome to our forum Robi,

Regarding WW2 german there were some reenactment groups in romania
in 2011 at "Zilele Muzeului Militar" Bucuresti.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=6128

But as you said is expensive to get an complete uniform ( around 500 euro) and for the romanian uniform is even hard to find items.
I m interesting for german motorcycle reenactment group. I have some ww2 german motorcycles to restore in working condition. Victoria KR 35 WH, NSU 251OSL, Puch etc. I will buy this year a complete Luftwaffe unteroffizier uniform. I have another friend from Ploiesti with a restored NSU 350. Possible that mix the group with romanian ( as was in the war) motorcycle group.

Regards
Dan.
PM
21 inf
Posted: January 11, 2013 09:22 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

For romanian uniform is not so hard to find the necesary items if they are not original.

I hope we'll soon have also a motorcycle team in Transylvania in our military history club which is making reenactment, but we dont reenact german or soviet army from ww2.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lupodimare89
Posted: March 09, 2013 07:10 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3482

Hello ! ^^
I'm from Italy and i'm making some amatorial research about the naval warfare on eastern front.
I hope to find new informations unknown to me in the Navy sections related to Romanian naval warfare during the WII.
(i will do a list of questions hoping to find replies and contributions).
PMEmail Poster
Aleko
Posted: May 08, 2013 12:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3509

Hello I'm from Bucharest and I'll join your motorcycle reenactment team with a Victoria KR35 WH - after restauration.
Interested in all aspects of WW2 with some insight into the Romanian involvement -thanks to the research carried by people like Denes or Craciunoiu.
Pera
PMEmail Poster
Bone
Posted: August 02, 2013 05:24 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3550

Hello guys and ladies
I just found this topic, in my opinion very important for the community, admins should consider relocating him.
My name is Mihai, I'm 26, from Bucharest.
I'm interested in the military history of Romania ( and of the world ) , I enjoy reading all about that, to bad my time is so little. I recommend the books of Sven Hassel smile.gif
I have recently bought a metal detector, so if anyone is interested for a group detection in Bucharest and/or Piatra Neamt ( only for the next 2 weeks I'm there in vacation ) , leave a message.
I also collect medals, militaria, stamps, coins and bancnotes.

Best regards
PMEmail Poster
Javert
Posted: September 10, 2017 11:58 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 4017

Hello everybody! I'm Alessandro from Italy, I'm a student of History at Bologna University. I'm glad to be accepted in this nice forum, I'm trying to learn something about Romanian Military History, in particular about uniforms and insignia. I'm also a small collector of iItalian military photos mainly of the period between the two wars.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1296 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]