Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (28) « First ... 26 27 [28]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Battlefield finds in the ground...
Radub
Posted: May 04, 2010 01:58 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

Claudiu, these people care http://www.once.ro/once.php
They will care about these half dogtags. You may be dissilusioned with Romania, but that does not mean that everyone does not give a (whatever expletive you wish to insert here...) Some people still care. This is not about finding a piece of metal in the ground. This is about dogtags. Half dogtags are considered "human remains". Yes, I also spoke to veterans. One of them told me that it was considered the height of bad luck if your dogtag broke in two. I seriously doubt it that these people just did not care and kept breakiong them and throwing them away.

Hummel,
You don't get it. You can dig wherever you want. I have no problem with you finding a gun, a unexploded landmine or grenade, a helmet, a bayonet, a lamp, medical kit, whatever. Dig all you you like. I have no problems with you digging and I have no problems with you digging the battlefields. I took part in many archaeological digs and I know how archeology works as a science.

BUT, how come you find so many half dogtags? You find way too many of them and way too often. The only place where there are lots of half dogtags is a grave, a common grave. It is evident that you are digging graves. I seriously doubt that the battlefields are peppered with piles of dogtags and all Romanian soldiers were idiots who kept dropping their dogtags (after breaking them in half first).

Hummel, here is my advice: Do not brag here about the half dogtags and I will leave you alone. As long as you keep posting pictures of half dogtags, I will keep reminding you that you should treat them with respect.

Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: May 04, 2010 04:23 pm
Quote Post

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Claudiu and Radub: Unfortunatelly the guys from once.ro do nothing nowadays, as they were sent home after the reorganisation of romanian state agencies. More unfortunatelly, being contacted by them some 2-3 years ago to help them in their work, I helped them voluntarely, in Romania, with no payment, thinking that a make a service for romanian soldiers who felt in ww1 and ww2. For my great disapointment, the guys from once.ro did nothing with the informations provided by me, even if some of them were requested by ONCE. Even their mail adress looks not to work properly since 2-3 years before, I signaled them the fact, they did nothing.

It would be great to have a romanian autority to take care about remnants of romanian soldiers who died in both world wars, but now it is none available.

Hummel: dont be so angry on Radub, maybe he knows too well that unfortunately many treasure or relic hunters doesnt take care if they found soldiers bones during diggings and we have to face that this is the bitter reality. I dont say that you are such them, maybe you just have to proove somehow that you have honourable intentions. I dont know you, I dont want to offence you, I just try to give you some credit, unless proven otherwise. An idea for you, maybe you can prove to Radub and others that you are well intentioned: if you are not interested in romanian dogtags you find, how it would be if you sent them to a romanian museum, let's say to the military museum in Bucharest?
C-2
Posted: May 13, 2010 06:16 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

http://www.antena3.ro/stiri/romania/catali...erou_99114.html

For those who don't agree with diging....

Catalin Voicu is a General in the romania army.
HE wrote in his grave "Dedicated his life for Romania".
Idiots
Imbecils.
PMUsers Website
Radub
Posted: May 14, 2010 08:50 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (C-2 @ May 13, 2010 06:16 pm)

All the way through this thread you said that digging and looting graves is archaeology. biggrin.gif Behold your archaeologist! laugh.gif
Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on May 14, 2010 08:53 am
Hummel
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:33 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 435

QUOTE (Radub @ May 14, 2010 08:50 am)
QUOTE (C-2 @ May 13, 2010 06:16 pm)

All the way through this thread you said that digging and looting graves is archaeology. biggrin.gif Behold your archaeologist! laugh.gif
Radu

You're paranoid.
The phrase about the looting of graves is you laugh? ph34r.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Radub
Posted: May 14, 2010 11:58 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (Hummel @ May 14, 2010 10:33 am)

You're paranoid.

You failed to convince anyone that you are not looting graves.
Being paranoid is neither illegal nor imoral. wink.gif
Guess who is "worse" between the two of us? laugh.gif

I repeat, maybe this time you will get this into your "superior" and "non-paranoid" brain: YOU CAN DIG ANYWHERE YOU WANT, JUST DO NOT LOOT GRAVES!

Radu
C-2
Posted: May 14, 2010 06:09 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

For a person that his coutry doesn't give a shit about heros cult,war cemetries ,veterans and comemorations,you are looking in the "neighbours yard" too much.
PMUsers Website
Hummel
Posted: May 16, 2010 07:22 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 435

QUOTE (Radub @ May 14, 2010 11:58 am)
QUOTE (Hummel @ May 14, 2010 10:33 am)

You're paranoid.

You failed to convince anyone that you are not looting graves.
Being paranoid is neither illegal nor imoral. wink.gif
Guess who is "worse" between the two of us? laugh.gif

I repeat, maybe this time you will get this into your "superior" and "non-paranoid" brain: YOU CAN DIG ANYWHERE YOU WANT, JUST DO NOT LOOT GRAVES!

Radu

Why do I need someone to run away?
Particularly those paranoids like you.
You're just envious. It's jealousy. ph34r.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Radub
Posted: May 16, 2010 08:41 am
Quote Post

Stop insulting me and address the real issue here: prove that you are not looting graves. Prove to us that you are not a "black digger".

I repeat: YOU CAN DIG ANYWHERE YOU WANT, JUST DO NOT LOOT GRAVES!

Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on May 16, 2010 08:42 am
Victor
Posted: May 17, 2010 11:59 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hummel, personal attacks are not welcomed here. This is the last warning.

Radu, there really isn't much else Hummel could do to prove he is not looting graves. Everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. This is the way things normally are, not the other way around. So please adopt a less aggressive tone.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) « First ... 26 27 [28]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0508 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]