Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (28) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Battlefield finds in the ground...
boonicootza
Posted: March 19, 2004 03:16 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

I am planning to buy a metal detector and start digging around Iasi this summer. If someone is from Iasi and is interested, give me a message.
:cheers:

Peace!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mietek
Posted: March 23, 2004 07:19 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 231

During summer hollidays I can go to you to Romania for small help laugh.gif
I have metal detector and I search since 5 years, but in Poland it is very popular, so it is not easy to find something sad.gif
PM
C-2
Posted: March 23, 2004 08:29 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

I'm not sure,but I belive that the metal detector is out of law in Romania.
God knows why...
PMUsers Website
mietek
Posted: March 23, 2004 10:58 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 231

I forgot to write, if searching is legal.....

However I think Romania could be a great place for searching...

I was in Romania in Banat, for cave diving, but all local people thought that we were searching for hidden gold. But we didn't laugh.gif

I like Romania very much, in my opinion it's the most beautifull country in the Europe. Nice mountains, historical place, friendly people....

Not about military, but I hope post will be accepted.

mietek
PM
boonicootza
Posted: March 25, 2004 02:02 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

I will do some research and find out if digging around with metal detectors is allowed or not. I hope it is....If not, i will do it anyway... :mrgreen:

Peace!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
boonicootza
Posted: March 25, 2004 02:07 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

During summer hollidays I can go to you to Romania for small help laugh.gif  
I have metal detector and I search since 5 years, but in Poland it is very popular, so it is not easy to find something sad.gif

I really hope we can do this. Beers included :cheers:
PMEmail PosterYahoo
C-2
Posted: March 25, 2004 09:52 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

If you have a place in wich we can dig ,I may came also.
And I'll ask my Mother ,who is an arheologist,and she can give us some tips about the digging..
PMUsers Website
RHaught
Posted: March 27, 2004 12:48 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

Has anyone thought of Moldova or going to Odessa and southern Ukraine to dig? Former Soviet Union is huge and might have more to offer (though Moldova actually belongs to Romania)
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Carol I
Posted: March 27, 2004 07:46 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

... (though Moldova actually belongs to Romania)

Only about half of the historical province of Moldova/Moldavia belongs to Romania. The other half is divided between the new Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
PM
RHaught
Posted: March 27, 2004 10:31 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

other half is divided between the new Republic of Moldova and Ukraine

I know this one, just adding the fact that technically the Republic of Moldova is Romanian land since the land grabbing by the Soviets wasn't fully recognized by the international world but just forgotten over time. I remember some organization in Iasi trying to get political reform for reunification of former Romanian land back as well as keeping myself safe from my significant others side of the family; but still why hasn't anyone thought of digging in that region? They need money so should not be as expensive as the rest of Europe.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
boonicootza
Posted: July 14, 2004 12:49 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Yesterday I went digging around Stanca Roznovanu, about 20 km from Iasi. The place is very good for finding relics. In half an hour of searching I found about 20 bullet shells and a intact big mortar shell. The mortar shell was at 1,5 meters from a road. Unfortunately 5 minutes after, a friend of mine spotted a boot on the side of road. :shock: :shock: :shock:
A dead soldier!
I couldn't believe that was true. So we start digging. After a few hours we completely removed the remains.
There was nothing except the boots, the bones and some buttons. Unfortunately it start raining and we had to go. Since it wouldn't stop raining, we left the remains and the mortar shells to my friend's house and we came to Iasi. As soon the wethear permits we will go with the police to pick them up.
About two months ago another corpse was found in Victoria village, 5 km away. From what I saw at TV it had the same type of boots which made me believe that the soldier was Romanian. May his soul rest in peace.

I'm not sure what will happen to the remains once they reach the police. Does anybody knows?

Peace!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
C-2
Posted: July 14, 2004 09:16 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Be careful with the shells!
Especialy the mortar ones!
They can explode only by tuching them.
Mines are also deadly.An antipersonal mine,can cripple you-you can loose a leg or an arm,get blinde or even your "treasures".
An anti tank mine is made to explode when a weight of a few hundred kg are presiing on it.The problem is that an old AT mine can explode even on lighter weights.
Bullets are not dangerous,and even granades as soon as you dont take out the ring.
I'd like to came too for the diggings.
PMUsers Website
Dragos1984
Posted: September 04, 2004 02:10 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 168

Hey its been a long time since I have started this conversation about metal detecting laugh.gif biggrin.gif But any ways I just got my self a new metal detector and its a Whites IDX pro. very good for coins and relics. boy I tell ya it wasn't cheep :wink: any ways ive been talking to my cousin in Romania and he was telling me that his buddy found some bullets in his back yard digging a hole to plant some stuff. Any ways in April I graduate college finally :cheers: and I was thinking to take a vacation to Romania and visit my family. And also do some metal detecting around Cluj -pe feleac were in 1944 there was a battle with the Germans. So I hope I can find some relics. And I am also going to dig around Sibiu lots of Germans been there:)
so if any one is interested in metal detecting searching the battle fields. write back ! and tell me ur thoughts
Dragos
PMYahooMSN
^All^
Posted: September 29, 2004 08:52 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 344

Long time no post. sad.gif What happend? From what I have read so far I'm on the point of building a metal detector and go in the nearby woods. There wasn't any big battle around the town I live but I can tell you some thing there are 2 German unknown soldiers buried in the cemetery near my house, and in another cemetery in the city there are at least 25 reds. I've heard that there was some battles in the woods but not so known. I hope I'll find something in those woods and I prey to God not to get lost. Wish me luck.
PMYahoo
^All^
Posted: September 29, 2004 11:07 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 344

Guys.....we have a little problem. Listen to this, or read....:
Persoanele fizice şi juridice care deţin şi/sau comercializează
detectoare de metale sunt obligate să obţină, în prealabil, autorizaţia
inspectoratului de poliţie al judeţului respectiv, a Direcţiei Generale de
Poliţie a Municipiului Bucureşti, în a căror rază teritorială îşi au domiciliul
sau, după caz, sediul, şi să se înregistreze la aceste autorităţi

deţinerea de detectoare de metale fără autorizaţia prevăzută la art.
5 alin. (6
), cu amendă de la 150.000.000 lei la 500.000.000 lei şi
confiscarea detectoarelor

This is what I have found out about the laws refering to metal detectors. I'll transalte this in the next post.
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0823 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]