Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is there a list of WW2 Romanian Soldiers?
Dcarr96
Posted: June 12, 2016 12:59 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3763

Hi I'm asking if theres a list of Romanian soldiers who served in World War 2 becuase I'm trying to find out what my Great-Grandfathers rank was or what battles he fought in. I don't really know much about his time in the war, and all my Grandpa told me was that he served 3-4 years and was either a tank driver or a motorcycle messenger. There are no pictures of him in uniform or anything having to do with the army. Is there a website or an army records place in Bucharest where i can find information?
PMEmail Poster
Cantacuzino
Posted: June 20, 2016 08:36 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

If your "Great-Grandfather" was a tank driver or motorcycle messenger, he must finished a military school. The only possible way to look for him is " Monitorul Oficial" where all who finished a military school (and were given a rank) published in a list.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on June 20, 2016 08:36 pm
PM
Uboat
Posted: June 22, 2018 09:34 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 4032

Hi!

I hope this very answer will help you: there is no list or database with Romanian soldiers; all you can do, is to address to the Military Archives-Central Deposit in Pitesti, AG, and they can find him.

But do not expect speed: they are very shortly in human resources, they answers take 3-4 months, depend of manually-written registers and there, the information is not very accurate or updated.

I do such a research since 2015 and I even go there and study archives of the units my grandfather was enrolled, because the registers were not updated at the time.

Good luck!
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0280 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]