Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Book is available,
Radub
Posted: October 20, 2014 09:09 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

QUOTE (Daniel Focsa @ October 20, 2014 08:38 pm)
and I simply answered I didn't notice any support for what I do.

And then you wonder why you get no support. wink.gif You are doing yourself no favours here.
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MaxFax
Posted: October 21, 2014 05:51 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

Yes I have two acounts, with the permission of the admin.

Really ?! So this seems for you perfectly normal, but you have objections that Mr. Antoniu has the permission to express himself in Romanian language once in a while ?!

I expect to hear that it is a great book, from cronicles, historians, journalists, not from the translator.  wink.gif

Indeed a very mature attitude, !!! Recently you was criticizing also Mr. Marandiuc ...
It's clear to see that you're in fact just malicious and envious ... my advise for you is to work and write books instead of consuming your energy in bad karma ...
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: October 21, 2014 07:25 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

I expect to hear that it is a great book, from cronicles, historians, journalists, not from the translator.

You can be in the same time translator, writer and historian. wink.gif

Correct translation is hard to get ( specially with technical terms) wink.gif
PM
MaxFax
  Posted: October 21, 2014 05:49 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

Got today my copy. Really excellent book !!
Just for the record, the book's weight is 1,350 kg. wink.gif
On page 2, on top, between other info about the book: Photo He-111 cover 1 - Cdor. aviator Sorin TULEA
PM
Florin
Posted: October 22, 2014 04:42 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (horia @ October 19, 2014 02:07 am)
ISBN for....? ISBN don't make a book more interesting. Malleus Maleficarum did not have ISBN but still is one of the most wanted book in the world.

Famous ? Yes.
Influential ? Maybe, but long time ago.
But "still is one of the most wanted book in the world" ?

Any book from late 1400's or from 1500's is wanted, because there are so few left, thus they are wanted in collections. But other than rarity or age, I don't see any other reason for "Malleus Maleficarum" to still be "one of the most wanted book in the world".
PM
Florin
Posted: October 22, 2014 04:48 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (MaxFax @ October 21, 2014 12:49 pm)
Just for the record, the book's weight is 1,350 kg.  wink.gif

OK.
Now next step is to buy an arm balance weight measuring device and start using the book.

This post has been edited by Florin on October 22, 2014 04:49 am
PM
Antoniu
Posted: October 22, 2014 05:35 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2824

These discussions are sterile and not important, it is not mandatory to be a publisher, are able to replace publisher, tehnoredatcare and cover. No one played a better book than the author.
At that causes these discussions, the lack of concern, must know that most technical books call aviation books, so you need to master the material. These books should be appreciated by those who know the technical part of exomplu not confuse a He-111H6 with a He-111H3.
I ask this person if he wants credit for his rule books to open a topic and will be "Magna cum laude". Questions I consider absolutely unimportant, there are no rules, as the author sees those rows to edit a book. The book has been known Romanian Aeronautical Constructions 3 editions is required and was not present in bookstores question "So what?".
PMEmail Poster
Antoniu
Posted: October 30, 2014 05:44 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Daniel Focsa, you are not able to judge my desire to put what they want on the cover, this book also is not required to be published by a publishing house - is a book author, you heard this statement?
Looking for reasons to rummages through ... to criticize, to give your opinion, you I pray for you. I'm not interested in your fantasies.
Have you noticed that 2/3 of the topic is covered in the discussions arising Free to you?
I entered the topic in any of your books? Do not! Then please do the same!
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: November 12, 2014 06:51 pm
Quote Post

I had a few copies of this book at my stand in Telford last week-end. They sold out in before lunch-time on the first day. Anyone who picked it up and leafed through it never put it down and paid right up.
Radu
lancer21
Posted: November 23, 2014 08:47 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2883

Just a question if i may, to the author or the gentlemen who are lucky to have this book in their hands. Does it contain new photographs of rare aircraft (in pictures or available details) like IAR early prototypes (IAR-15, 16, 24 etc.) or especially IAR-47? I'm fortunate to have Romanian Aeronautical Constructions, but wondering if new pictures emerged meanwhile? Also are there pictures and details of more obscure (in ARR) interwar aircraft that apparently ARR did had in service like NiD-72, LGL-32, D-27 etc.? I am sure it's a fantastic work, i really hope i can have it in my hands sometime soon, meanwhile i'm just trying to temper one's expected excitement and anticipation. Thank you.
PMEmail Poster
Daniel Focsa
Posted: November 25, 2014 12:12 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 3365

QUOTE (MaxFax @ October 21, 2014 05:49 pm)

Just for the record, the book's weight is 1,350 kg.

Oh, so this is a great book ! With some little effort, the next will weight 2 kg maybe
Daniel Focsa
Posted: November 25, 2014 12:22 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 3365

QUOTE (Antoniu @ October 30, 2014 05:44 am)
Daniel Focsa, you are not able to judge my desire to put what they want on the cover, this book also is not required to be published by a publishing house - is a book author, you heard this statement?
Looking for reasons to rummages through ... to criticize, to give your opinion, you I pray for you. I'm not interested in your fantasies.
Have you noticed that 2/3 of the topic is covered in the discussions arising Free to you?
I entered the topic in any of your books? Do not! Then please do the same!

I am a member of this forum and I may say my opinion, as everybody.

About the cover, I only remarked it was the same photo of Profir book, but you are free to use any photo you want.
Also you are free to publish your books without publishing house, without bookshops, etc. As I worked 10 years in publishing houses like an editor, I think I know this problem from inside and I know what means publishing a book, not only like an author, but also like an editor (and evan like a translator).

This post has been edited by Daniel Focsa on November 25, 2014 04:19 am
Radub
Posted: November 25, 2014 08:41 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (Daniel Focsa @ November 25, 2014 12:22 am)

I am a member of this forum and I may say my opinion, as everybody.

Having "a right" to an opinion does not automatically mean the opinion expressed is "right".
Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on November 25, 2014 08:41 am
lancer21
Posted: December 16, 2014 08:01 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2883

Received it today, hooray! Certainly worth every penny, there are new pictures of aircraft i asked about like IAR-15 and SET-XV (good looking aircraft isn't it?), and considering these days it happened that i was looking for info about ARR interwar period aircraft, this book has it ALL right there, pictures and details, sufficient to vastly expand the knowledge about this particular period in ARR and indeed civil aviation history. I probably got most of the answers that i was seeking help with here recently. Could also say no less than 90% or more of the pictures in the book are completely new to me, but i have a few other recent ARR works, that's why i know the other 10%. The english translation is also much better compared to say Romanian Aeronautical Constructions.

So in conclusion, congratulations to mr. Antoniu and his many collaborators for another milestone work helping to shed light on ARR and romanian aviation history, and to Radub for his very good translation work. Any ARR buffs outthere need this book. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
Antoniu
Posted: January 06, 2015 03:39 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Lancer 21 all avionele you mentioned are included in the book except planes were not equipped Aweronauticii Micitare or civilian. For example, IAR-24 and IAR-24 were purchased from private individuals and not well be included. There are private jets that are included because they were requisitioned and used in WW2 Military Aeronautics.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0561 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]