Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The IAR 80 and the IAR 81 in ultimate detail, Wydawnictwo Stratus
Florin
Posted: December 02, 2014 03:57 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Radu, a friendly honest information that you may find useful: the website of Mushroom Model Publications is quite dysfunctional. The client is filling all required inform, and yet the blue tab "Submit Order" does not activate.
It is the second time I am trying it, and by the way they do not bother to answer when the client is using "Contact Us".
So. . . I previously cancelled my order with "Amazon", but the way things are going with MMP,
I may attempt again with Amazon an take my chances (waiting to the end of January).
Regards,
Florin
PM
Radub
Posted: December 02, 2014 06:08 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 476

I just checked their website and I had no problems. I used Safari on the iPad and Chrome on the computer, they both worked perfectly. It seems to be straightforward, just add the book to your cart and click "checkout" at the top of the page, then follow the usual steps. There is also a "checkout with Paypal" button in the "cart" that is even simpler if you have a PayPal account.
Here are the "steps";
1) go here http://mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=267
2) click "buy now"
3) click "add to cart"
4) click "view cart" or "checkout" at the top of the page
5) follow payment steps
If that does not work, it may be an issue to do with firewalls or browser settings on your system. Try another browser or another machine.
As for their "speed of reply" you must conside time zones. smile.gif
Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on December 02, 2014 06:13 am
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Florin
Posted: December 02, 2014 01:22 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Radub @ December 02, 2014 01:08 am)
I just checked their website and I had no problems. I used Safari on the iPad and Chrome on the computer, they both worked perfectly. It seems to be straightforward, just add the book to your cart and click "checkout" at the top of the page, then follow the usual steps. There is also a "checkout with Paypal" button in the "cart" that is even simpler if you have a PayPal account.
Here are the "steps";
1) go here http://mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=267
2) click "buy now"
3) click "add to cart"
4) click "view cart" or "checkout" at the top of the page
5) follow payment steps
If that does not work, it may be an issue to do with firewalls or browser settings on your system. Try another browser or another machine.
As for their "speed of reply" you must conside time zones. smile.gif
Radu

Thank you for your time and for your guidance.
I already did those steps.
Before I tried twice from a personal computer, now I tried from company's computer. "Submit Order" still does not activate
What do they have in common is location: The U.S.
You did your attempt from Europe.
Also, I have shipping address different from billing address.
Maybe PayPal or MMP get confused at this one.
(I am trying to find a logic regarding what is going on, so this may be some reasons.)
I wrote to Mushroom Model Publications 2 days ago, so it is not about the local hour.
Hoping that my input is useful,
Florin
PM
Radub
Posted: December 02, 2014 02:26 pm
Quote Post

I honestly have no idea what website you are having trouble with. The website I am looking at is this:
http://www.mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=267
When you click "buy now", the website goes to another page with a button that says "add to cart". Click on that and look at the top of the page and you will see that you have an item in cart and two links "view cart" and "checkout". Click "checkout" and that will take you to the PayPal page where you can pay. I cannot see the "submit order" button anywhere, but I presume that is in PayPal. PayPal wants you to enter card information correctly, with the address matched to the card, just like your bank statement says. If you make any mistakes there, it will not work. But that is nothing that me or MMP can fix for you.

Maybe MMP cannot answer you because you are making a mistake on the PayPal website not on the MMP website. This is between you and PayPal. In as far as I can see, the MMP website works perfectly. Please check your information, enter the payment details EXACTLY the way they are on your bank statement or card. PayPal will not work for you if you do not give them accurate information.

Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on December 02, 2014 02:28 pm
Jaws
Posted: January 22, 2015 08:43 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1594

I just got the book last evening from that Polish mushroom. laugh.gif You didn't have any stock. I ordered on the 9th and just got it.

Impressive work Radu.
This is a modeler's wet dream. Lot's of photos, drawings and blueprints.
It's made similar with the first one, but there's a heck of a lot more stuff.
I would have loved to see a bit more about performance, as this is a pretty ambiguous area of the IAR-80/81, but that doesn't make the book less awesome. smile.gif

I have a question about the armament. More precisely about the 13.2mm FN Browning used on the B series. There's good/plenty info in the book, but since you wrote you got some help from Mr. Jean-Francois about this guns, did you happen to have any info about the types of shells used in this gun? I contacted FN herestal few times about this but they didn't answer.
What I'm interested, is if the Romanians used the high explosive shells developed by FN specifically for this aircraft version of the machine gun, before the war.
They made a rather effective HE shell containing around 3.5 gram of high explosive (loaded with 2.5 gr of cristallised Tetryl and primed with 1 gr of mercury fulminate).
This article from an old publication talking about this guns considered the 13.2mm FN browning with HE shells very effective aircraft gun:

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/vie...20-%201605.html

Do you have any info if they used this HE shells on the IAR-80B, and if yes how were they mixed in the belt, what was the ratio between HE shells and ap, tracers.
Thank you.

This post has been edited by Jaws on January 22, 2015 09:05 pm
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: January 23, 2015 09:41 am
Quote Post

Hi Jaws,
Thanks for your kind words about the book.
Truth be told, I had a lot of trouble finding the information about the 13.2 FN Browning machine gun. It took a couple of months of solid "digging" and calling all favours I could. This is a rather unusual machine gun that saw quite limited use. Eventually, through contacts who knew contacts, I was put into contact with Jean Francois Legendre who very generously helped me with the photos and information. Unfortunately, on the Romanian side I managed to get very little. All I could find was that the 13.2 machine guns were initially ordered from Herstal for use on the SM 79 bombers. Also, I have a vague recollection of a thread on this forum about an AA quad set-up using 13.2 machine guns. But that is about all we know so far. Unfortunately I could not find any info about the ammunition ordered. It is quite likely the ammunition licence was purchased and then manufactured in Romania. Maybe the military archives in Pitesti have more information about the orders placed with ammunition factories.
I doubt very much that FN factory has the information you need. They just made the guns. The ammunition was developed by Hotchkiss, so you may have better luck following that line of inquiry.
Regards,
Radu
Jaws
Posted: January 23, 2015 04:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1594

Thank you Radu.
Yeah. That Aircraft FN Browning is an elusive beast. FN only made high explosive shells for the aircraft version. The land mounted AA pieces most likely never got that ammo. That's why I'm curious, if the Romanians got that ammo for it, or they loaded the guns with the ammo they had for the Hotchkiss AAA guns.

BTW. I had no idea about this new book. I visit your store regularly.
When you bring out new books, specially limited edition stuff, you should post about it in advance on your site, so people know it's coming.
I would have loved a signed copy, like the first one. I missed your release, so I got it from the publisher immediately. I didn't want to end up like with the "IAR 80 ”le Heros meconnu". I'm still kicking myself and looking for that one in vain. sad.gif

Anyway. Awesome book. Congrats.
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: January 24, 2015 11:00 am
Quote Post

Hi Jaws,
Thanks again.
The book was available in my store but they sold out in about one week.
I am going to have a few for sale again in the near future. The biggest problem was storage, but in the next couple of weeks we are moving the store into a larger premises with enough storage room and I should be able to store/sell it again.
Radu
Florin
Posted: January 25, 2015 01:46 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (Radub @ January 24, 2015 06:00 am)
Hi Jaws,
Thanks again.
The book was available in my store but they sold out in about one week.
I am going to have a few for sale again in the near future. The biggest problem was storage, but in the next couple of weeks we are moving the store into a larger premises with enough storage room and I should be able to store/sell it again.
Radu

It is interesting that Amazon jumped into accepting orders for your book, but I do not know how their system works.
I placed my order at the end of November. They promised the delivery by the end of January, then they asked my approval to postpone the delivery for an undetermined date.
To say the whole truth, they do not charge the credit card before being able to deliver the book.
PM
Radub
Posted: January 25, 2015 09:03 am
Quote Post

I told you before, get it from the publisher. smile.gif Get it now! This is a limited edition and when it is gone it is gone and then you will have to pay three-times the price on eBay. They are selling fast.

I cannot speak for Amazon, I have no idea what they are doing.

Here is the link to the store http://mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=267

Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on January 25, 2015 09:04 am
Florin
Posted: February 20, 2015 06:59 pm
Quote Post

My book arrived today from Amazon - nicely packed, in good condition.
At this point in time, I already forgot about my order.

PS: The guys from MMP are aware that some users from the U.S. cannot go through with their orders on their website, but that's all: they are aware.
I did not notice a will to solve the problem.
PM
Radub
Posted: February 22, 2015 04:40 pm
Quote Post

You also had trouble with my website. I think you are doing something that PayPal does not like, because it is actually PayPal that turns you down, not the website. wink.gif
Radu
Antoniu
Posted: February 26, 2016 04:19 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2824

The book is available at a price of 250 lei.

rdanantoniu@gmail.com
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2141 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]