Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Skoda mobile repair shops
MMM
  Posted: September 11, 2014 03:07 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

I read somewhere about some "mobile repair shops" for the Czech equipment. These units followed the Romanian Army units on the frontline (at least in the 1941 campaign), providing first-hand maintenance and repairs. But in all my sources, I read only once about such an unusual thing. And, of course, I cannot seem to remmber where I read that. Could anyone help? biggrin.gif

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Agarici
Posted: September 11, 2014 11:42 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

MMM, by "where" you mean "where, hear on the forum"? If I remember correctly, the mobile repair shop still exist at the National Military Museum, although in a (very) poor shape.
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: September 13, 2014 08:29 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (Agarici @ September 12, 2014 02:42 am)
MMM, by "where" you mean "where, hear on the forum"? If I remember correctly, the mobile repair shop still exist at the National Military Museum, although in a (very) poor shape.

No, Agarici, I found nothing on the forum... I meant if anyone had ever read anywhere about such a feat... Nothing to do with the Romanian repair shops, but with Czech-manned ones.
Thanks, anyway.

--------------------
M
JiriTintera
Posted: September 14, 2014 03:42 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1327

Dear Colleague,
of these sites disappeared many photos Skoda 6ST6 - car with bodywork workshop.

user posted image
Military Museum Bucharest, in 2010

Other Links
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?sh...225&#entry87518
http://forum.axishistory.com/download/file...d935b4caa214c59
http://forum.axishistory.com/download/file...d935b4caa214c59
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Agarici
Posted: September 14, 2014 06:22 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

QUOTE (MMM @ September 13, 2014 08:29 am)
QUOTE (Agarici @ September 12, 2014 02:42 am)

No, Agarici, I found nothing on the forum... I meant if anyone had ever read anywhere about such a feat... Nothing to do with the Romanian repair shops, but with Czech-manned ones.
Thanks, anyway.

Sorry, did you say Czech-manned repair shops, in Romanian army in 1941, more than two years after the institution of the Czech protectorate by the Germans? How would such a thing be possible?
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: September 17, 2014 09:39 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (Agarici @ September 14, 2014 09:22 pm)
Sorry, did you say Czech-manned repair shops, in Romanian army in 1941, more than two years after the institution of the Czech protectorate by the Germans? How would such a thing be possible?

It was not "ME" who said this, but rather the author... I finally found what I was looking for! Not very trustworthy, though... sad.gif
Romanian tanks enter Kishinev

--------------------
M
Victor
Posted: September 19, 2014 05:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

After the recapture of Chisinau, a field repair shop was set up there for the tanks of the 1st Tank Regiment that required repairs which could not be performed by the division's mobile workshops and were light enough not to ship the tank to the offical Skoda workshops in Ploiesti. Wether it was manned by Czech personnel or not I do not know.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Cantacuzino
Posted: September 22, 2014 08:41 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

[QUOTEoffical Skoda workshops in Ploiesti. Wether it was manned by Czech personnel or not I do not know. [QUOTE]

Probably it's about romanian workers trained by Czech at Skoda factory (before the war) to repair the tanks exported to Romania.
If they had official Skoda workshop in Ploesti, for sure they trained the workers in this way.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on September 22, 2014 08:42 am
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0362 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]