Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> BOFORS 10,5 cm kanon m/27 in Romanian service, What about this gun&
Doctor Vlad
Posted: November 26, 2013 10:31 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3593

Hi guys !
Go on here a few pictures of the Romanian 10.5 cm guns captured in 1941 by the defenders of our glorious city of Odessa during the landing in Grigorievka . In principle, these big guns are quite easily to identify. This is a Bofors gun model 1927 of Swedish origin. According to the Internet such guns except for the Sweden were in service in the Netherlands (“10 – veld” ), Nazy Germany (FK. 334 & FK. 335) and Hungary (31M) . But about the availability of such guns in the arsenal of the Romanian artillery I found no information either on the Internet or in the military- historical literature. Maybe someone of the forum members help me sort out this issue ? Thanks in advance !
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
http://russianarms.mybb.ru/
PMEmail Poster
ionionescu
Posted: November 26, 2013 12:27 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 2794

I couldn't find anything about the ”10.5 cm Cannon Model 1927” in Romanian Army inventory, maybe the Germans delivered the cannons to the Romanians directly at the front.

See here a tread I started about the same subject: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread...artillery-piece!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Doctor Vlad
Posted: November 26, 2013 07:06 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (ionionescu @ November 26, 2013 12:27 pm)
I couldn't find anything about the ”10.5 cm Cannon Model 1927” in Romanian Army inventory, maybe the Germans delivered the cannons to the Romanians directly at the front.

See here a tread I started about the same subject: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread...artillery-piece!

Thank you so much,ionionescu, for your answer! Well, supposably, the Germans delivered the cannons to the Romanians at the front, but the guns were operated by Romanian crews IMHO, wich didn't fall from the sky. The crews were taken from any other Romanian artillery units, and some traces of these movements are supposed to be preserved in the documents...
And finally what is your opinion about the fate of these guns?

This post has been edited by Doctor Vlad on November 26, 2013 07:07 pm
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: November 27, 2013 06:52 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I also published a photo of such a captured "Fashistkiye pushki" (Fascist gun) - as it was chalked on it - in my book, Barbarossa to Odessa, vol. 2, page 164, bottom.

Gen. Dénes
Doctor Vlad
Posted: November 27, 2013 09:34 am
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (Dénes @ November 27, 2013 06:52 am)
I also published a photo of such a captured "Fashistkiye pushki" (Fascist gun) - as it was chalked on it - in my book, Barbarossa to Odessa, vol. 2, page 164, bottom.

Gen. Dénes

Well, but do you met while working on your book any additional information about these guns except for the photos?
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: November 27, 2013 10:18 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

No, because focus was on the activity of aviation (of all involved sides) until the fall of Odessa.

Gen. Dénes
Doctor Vlad
Posted: November 27, 2013 11:23 am
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (Dénes @ November 27, 2013 10:18 am)
No, because focus was on the activity of aviation (of all involved sides) until the fall of Odessa.

Gen. Dénes

Yes, I see. But there was Soviet airborne operation during marins landing in Grigorievka, where the guns had been captured...

So, maybe the guns remained under German command?

This post has been edited by Doctor Vlad on November 27, 2013 06:54 pm
PMEmail Poster
Doctor Vlad
Posted: November 28, 2013 09:43 am
Quote Post

Soldat

The Romanian (?) longrange artillery 4-piece battery was lockated near Tchabanka village on the East from the Odessa city in september 1941.
In one of the hollows far from Grigor'evka Marines Regiment scouts found a firing position of the heavy artillery battery - as it turned out , the one that recently most complicates the activity of Odessa port. Scouts captured the battery themselves, failing silently there by crawl, and then the outcome of battle was decided by grenades and bayonets. Part of gun crew they killed, and some - fled. Four guns were captured serviceable, with plenty of shells.

Then these guns was driven through the streets of Odessa, and on the long barrel of one of them Odessites could read derived chalk inscription which got the pictures of photographers, and through them - in the history of the war : "She shot in Odessa, more will not shoot!" In battalion Commissioner Slesarev report was specifically noted that it was the marine Petrenko, who took part in the action and proposed to make the inscription on the guns.

And in other place of the text.
The Romanian 13th and 15th Infantry Divisions, 32nd Infantry Regiment and some units of the Cavalry Division, as well (as was supposed) the German batteries were acting against the Eastern Sector of the Soviet defence...

Translation from the Russian.
http://www.plam.ru/

So most likely those guns were and remained German. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Doctor Vlad on November 28, 2013 09:49 am
PMEmail Poster
Petre
Posted: November 28, 2013 07:14 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

QUOTE (Doctor Vlad @ November 28, 2013 09:43 am)
And in other place of the text.
The Romanian 13th and 15th Infantry Divisions, 32nd Infantry Regiment and some units of the Cavalry Division, as well (as was supposed) the German batteries were acting against the Eastern Sector of the Soviet defence...

So most likely those guns were and remained German.

It can be this
A German detachment under the command of lt. general René von Courbier (Generalleutnant Rene de l`Homme de Courbiere) (one infantry regiment, one assault pioneer regiment and two heavy artillery regiments) also arrived on the front.
http://www.worldwar2.ro  The Battle of Odessa - 1941

This post has been edited by Petre on November 28, 2013 07:23 pm
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0256 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]