Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Blindatele Cerului, New book about Gr 8 Asalt
Alexei2102
Posted: November 15, 2013 12:13 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 888

user posted image

It gives me great pleasure to introduce this book to the general public.

We always are in need of fresh information, and as many as possible. We, the aviation enthusiasts, are on the lookout for new books, new info, to help us on our hobby and research.

This new book, written by Prof Valeriu Avram, and Prof Alexandru Arma, is a breath of fresh air in the aviation enthusiasts' circles, a new book brimming with fresh info, new pictures, interviews with the veterans, and so forth. I highly recommend it!!!
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: November 15, 2013 02:26 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

Thank you Alex for introduction!

Here is a book review made by prof. Mihai Petrescu:

http://cartideaviatie.blogspot.ro/2013/11/...gan-de-foc.html
PMEmail Poster
cainele_franctiror
Posted: November 15, 2013 03:06 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

I enjoyed so much reading this book. Very well written with a lot of veterans personal recordings.
PM
Victor
Posted: November 15, 2013 05:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Great news. Is it already available at Editura Militara?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Mihai Popteanu
Posted: November 15, 2013 07:55 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2654

QUOTE (Victor @ November 15, 2013 05:55 pm)
Great news. Is it already available at Editura Militara?

Yes it is. I bought it yesterday from Cercul Militar. In read until now 100 pages and I think that is a very good book.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Vranceanu
Posted: June 15, 2014 03:29 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 2252

I wanted to buy this book, because I find this subject interesting, I enjoyed mr Marandiuc book "Cavalerii bimotoarelor de asalt" (2000). A couple of weeks ago, I went to "Cercul militar" to buy "Blindatele cerului", but nobody was there, dispite the fact that the bookshop was open. so I couldnt. This book was put on the floor, without price and I saw only 2 or 3 books sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: June 16, 2014 06:21 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

It is worth going back to buy it. It is a great book.
Radu
Fratello
Posted: June 16, 2014 09:04 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

Thank you for your appreciation, Radu! Daniel you ca buy the book from Cercul Militar. There is a book shop inside the library and if is nobody there just ask to the ladies from library front desk and they ' ll serve you. Or you can also order from Editura Militara website.

This post has been edited by Fratello on June 16, 2014 10:08 am
PMEmail Poster
Vranceanu
Posted: June 16, 2014 02:25 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Yes, I went exactly to that bookshop, there wasn't the seller, but another lady in the hall who told me she is from the library and she don't sell in the bookshop, but the seller is a little gone and will return.

Yes, maybe I will go again, the subject is interesting, I have mR Marandiuc book and also a little book of Mr Avram (from Modelism), both about Grupul 8.
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: June 18, 2014 05:57 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Oredering from the website generally results in someone calling you back and telling you to come and pick up the books at the book stand in Cercul Militar. So it's basically as effective as just going there again. Be sure to have small change, because they usually have problems giving you back change (they don't sell that much so there are problems with the cash availability).
Vranceanu
Posted: June 20, 2014 04:15 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

QUOTE (Victor @ June 18, 2014 05:57 am)
Oredering from the website generally results in someone calling you back and telling you to come and pick up the books at the book stand in Cercul Militar. So it's basically as effective as just going there again. Be sure to have small change, because they usually have problems giving you back change (they don't sell that much so there are problems with the cash availability).

Exactly
PMEmail Poster
MaxFax
  Posted: July 29, 2014 07:49 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 7

If you are outside from Bucuresti (like my self) you may order the book "on-line". Actually you just send and e-mail at the address pr@edituramilitara.ro saying what you wanna buy. Shipping will be done by "Posta Romana" COD.
For this book that costs 15 ron I have paid a totally of 25 ron.
PM
Vranceanu
Posted: August 19, 2014 08:44 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

I was today again to Cercul Militar but the little bookshop was closed because the vacation. smile.gif To Eminescu bookshop this book don't exist.

I read this fragment on aviatori.ro
http://www.aviatori.ro/carti_details.php?id=171

This is very interesting. Valeriu Avram was lucky to interview theese pilots of Grupul 8 Asalt, maybe now they are all dead (or not ?) In the 90's a lot of veterans were still alive.
In few years all the veterans will dissapear and for next generations there will be only the documents and photos, but not the men.
Marandiuc was also very lucky to talk and write to so many pilots of Grupul 8 in the 80's (unfortunatly he could'n reach too much the archives, and nore the ww2 press).
I studied recently with attention the collection of "Arpi romanesti" and there are some interesting articles about Grupul 8. I didn't see this in Marandiuc's book (or maybe I don't remember now...).

This post has been edited by Vranceanu on August 19, 2014 08:45 pm
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0628 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]