Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian troops with TACAM T-60, Image shows a TACAM T-60 and a Turan
Wayne Turner
Posted: June 14, 2011 08:49 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 790

I found this image on the internet, it seems to be on a number of different sites. What I find intriguing about it is the TACAM T-60 following behind a captured Hungarian Turan tank. So I'm thinking the photo must be from between September and October 1944 and be either in Transylvania or Hungary. However, most of the sources I have read say the Soviets seized all the TACAM T-60 tank-hunters in August 1944. This photo raises the question were there a few TACAM T-60s stationed in Transylvania with units that avoided being seized and fought for a while in Transylvania or Hungary?

user posted image

Anymore information would be most interesting.

Wayne
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sebipatru
Posted: June 15, 2011 02:40 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2990

In fact at 23 august the soviets captured and confiscated only one company of Tacam T60
This picture is taken most probably in Transylvania in a saxon village before de date of 26 octomber 1944 when the rest of Tacam's T60 were confiscated

PS you need this information for flames of war?
PMEmail Poster
Wayne Turner
Posted: June 15, 2011 04:45 am
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (sebipatru @ June 15, 2011 02:40 am)
In fact at 23 august the soviets captured and confiscated only one company of Tacam T60
This picture is taken most probably in Transylvania in a saxon village before de date of 26 octomber 1944 when the rest of Tacam's T60 were confiscated

PS you need this information for flames of war?

Yes, thanks for the feedback.

I'm looking into what the Romanians had available from after they joined the Allies.
sebipatru
Posted: June 15, 2011 11:15 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

I'm looking into what the Romanians had available from after they joined the Allies.

For that period try Tacam R2 that were used only in this time and other old vehicles like R1 (AH IV original designation) and even FT 17

Also romanians could receive some indigene air units like IAR 80 or IAR 37, and in this time they armed and used for a short period even the JRS B1 for low level attacks

All this units can be found out in thsi site

Have a nice day
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: June 15, 2011 07:07 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Wayne Turner, please mention the source of the photo, as required by forum rules.
Thank you.

Regarding the topic, the information that R-1s or FT-17s were used in the Transylvanian campaign is false.

The Armored Group of the 4th Army, which saw action in Transylvania also contained the 62nd TACAM T-60 Battery. These machines were most likely part of that unit.
sebipatru
Posted: June 15, 2011 08:41 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Regarding the topic, the information that R-1s or FT-17s were used in the Transylvanian campaign is false.

R1 and FT 17 were not used in transilvania, were used by Romania after 23 august '44

ft 17 were used to engage the germans around cities like Bucharest Ploiesti and in the spring of 45 as far as i know some serviceable FT 17 were sent with 2nd Armored Regiment on the fronline where the soviets exchannged them with some captured german armor including 1 unserviceable Hummel

also in 1945 a number of R1 were sent to reinforce the 2nd Armored Regiment in Slovakia, I don't know if they were actually fought but for this purpose were sent
PMEmail Poster
Wayne Turner
Posted: June 16, 2011 04:20 am
Quote Post

Soldat

I'm Sorry, I think Taranov posted it on this forum.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2979
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0428 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]