Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ammo pouches score, reenactment gear
Belwolf17
Posted: May 27, 2011 12:30 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3066

Greetings. I recently purchased 6 vz.24 pouches from two vendors in the US. All appear post war pouches except two have questions due to having brass fasteners.

The top row left two pouches have brass fasteners. One is stamped on the belt loop with "FABRICELL FLACARA" (same stamp as the steel fastener pouch below it) but the stamp is really light and I cannot make out the date. The other has no stamp and I have no idea if Czech or Romanian. The two top row pouches on the left are definitely Czech with steel fasteners, no idea of date, that have no Y-strap d-rings.

The two on the bottom are definitely post war as both have steel fasteners. The first is stamped clearly "FABRICELL FLACARA 1957". The last one is virtually in unissued condition, it must be post war or maybe a repro.

AFAIK, "Flacara" is "flame" in Romanian so I definitely have two Romanian pouches. Plus, my assumption that only post war pouches bore any stamps means both with stamps are post war. However, the brass fastener on the lightly stamped pouch is interesting in that brass fasteners were common on prewar/war pouches and very uncommon on post war pouches. At least that is my understanding of brass fasteners.

Either way, these were a steal at $5.95 apiece (at least for over here). They were listed as "SKS" pouches.

Pics

brasstop

user posted image

brass bottom

user posted image

stamppostwar/postwar top

user posted image

clear 1957 stamp

user posted image

czech sans D rings

user posted image

all
user posted image

This post has been edited by Belwolf17 on May 27, 2011 12:35 am
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0932 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]