Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The 1937 Naval Program
Tiornu
Posted: April 22, 2011 07:30 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

As I understand it, the 1937 naval program included one cruiser, four destroyers, three subs, four minelayers, a training ship, twelve MTBs, and a drydock at Galaţi.
The drydock was built, and the subs Rechinul and Marsuinul were constructed there. Three British MTBs were purchased, but a license to build nine more to that design was never acquired. The training ship Mircea was built. Of the minelayers, only Amiral Murgescu reached completion.
There's a lot of interesting material to be discussed, but my question at the moment is this: what is the correct spelling for the one sistership of Amiral Murgescu that began construction? I have it as Cetatea Albă.
Feel free to add details or corrections on the 1937 program.
PM
crolick
Posted: February 14, 2016 10:15 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 740

As for the 1937 program - was MURGESCU and ALBA the only ordered minelayers? Do you know when original contract was signed and how many ships were included?

Edit:
I would like to also know who was responsible for the 1937 program - was it newly created Ministry of Navy and Aviation or Ministry of National Defense or Romanian Navy??

Thank you!

This post has been edited by crolick on February 14, 2016 10:35 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0332 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]