Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ţara Ungurească or Partium?, discussion
Speedy
Posted: June 29, 2012 10:03 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3327

@21inf:

I want to be more precise, Romania's western border was on the peaks of the Carpathians Mountains until august 1916, the moment when Romania enters the war.

In 1919, a year after the war ended on the western front, Romania and bolsevic Hungary clash and fight. Below a link to some articles that describe with many details what has happened.

http://cristiannegrea.blogspot.ro/2011/02/...despre-una.html

The main ideea is that in the period of 1918-1920, Romania's border was on the Tisa River, The entire region of Crisana was inside Romainia's borders.
The same situation is for Maramures, that was under Romanian control until Trianon.

When the peace talks began, Take Ionescu, the foreign affairs minister of the time, insisted that the border between Romania and Hungary to be on the river Tisa, unfortunatly this did not happened.
To conclude, from my point of view, Crisana is trully the region we are discussing about.
Our neighbor, Hungary, received half of Crisana, eventhoe it was on the loosing side.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: June 29, 2012 01:41 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Speedy, when I was talking about Romanian borders in 1916 and 1920 I was talking about those recognised by international law. Of course in 1920 Romania controlled all the teritory toward Tisa, but in this fashion one could say that Romania's border in 1919 included Budapest, because there was the Romanian Army ocupying the terrain. It is about the force of the right or the right of the force...

My reference from previous posts was linked with borders recognised by law (good or bad).
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0417 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]