Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Looking to buy Reproduction Uniform
rwes0917
Posted: February 09, 2011 11:46 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3002

This is my first posting on this forum. I am looking to begin Romanian WWII reenacting in the United States with some friends. I am looking to require any and all items useful to a Romanian reenactor. I have not been able to successfully contact a supplier for good reproduction uniforms.

Is there a way to contact MMN shop?

Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
darius1941
Posted: February 13, 2011 01:02 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

What part of the country are you living in if I may ask.
There are a few of us members of this Forum doing ww2 Romanian on the east coast for a while now and I was wondering are you here in this area or in another part of the states.
Do you have any equipment/uniform to get a start?
PMEmail PosterYahoo
21 inf
Posted: February 13, 2011 06:02 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

MMN shop doesnt sell ww2 romanian uniforms reproductions and no other reproductions at all. If you want some romanian ww2 repro equipment, please say want would you like to buy and I'll see how I can help. Here is a pic of me and my fellow reenactors reenacting ww2 romanian soldiers, last summer.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
darius1941
Posted: February 13, 2011 03:12 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

What are the reproduction you can provide us?
As for myself I am looking for a uniform and maybe a larger belt/buckle.
My apology for jumping in on your offer of help to the other guy but we are still working with a shortage of uniforms and equipment for this impression.
Some of us have been able to get a good impression together and some guys like myself are moving some what slower.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Alexei2102
Posted: February 14, 2011 10:43 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

You may try to browse www.okazii.ro - some items do appear there from time to time, perhaps you might get lucky.

Al
PMEmail Poster
rwes0917
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:02 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (darius1941 @ February 13, 2011 01:02 am)
What part of the country are you living in if I may ask.
There are a few of us members of this Forum doing ww2 Romanian on the east coast for a while now and I was wondering are you here in this area or in another part of the states.
Do you have any equipment/uniform to get a start?

I am aware of the 9th Romanian Division reenacting group. I was thinking of starting my own group along with a few friends rather than join this group. I am aware of Schipperfabrik's Romanian uniform, but I don't care for it.

I am looking for a wool tunic, trousers, cap, greatcoat, and puttees, and all combat equipment.

This post has been edited by rwes0917 on February 14, 2011 06:03 pm
PMEmail Poster
rwes0917
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:05 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (21 inf @ February 13, 2011 06:02 am)
MMN shop doesnt sell ww2 romanian uniforms reproductions and no other reproductions at all. If you want some romanian ww2 repro equipment, please say want would you like to buy and I'll see how I can help. Here is a pic of me and my fellow reenactors reenacting ww2 romanian soldiers, last summer.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I want a complete late-war wool uniform. How can I get one like this?
PMEmail Poster
rwes0917
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:10 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

I have some friends in the United States who are experienced reenactors, and we are looking to do something that is more research-based and scenario-driven than typical reenacting in the US. We want to employ real WWII tactics at events, rather than the free-for-all melee of most tactical events. We are looking to do more of the "first person" and "total-immersion style" reenacting. This is why I would prefer to start my own unit, rather than fall in with the 9th Division. I have an alternative view of what reenacting should be about.
PMEmail Poster
Alex30cag
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:23 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3005

if this can help you......
PMEmail Poster
Alex30cag
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:26 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3005

PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 14, 2011 07:02 pm
Quote Post

The photos I post here are not 100% percent exactly with ww2 uniforms, they are let's say 90% acurate, but the 10% missing is easy to corect. We are wearing comunist era romanian winter uniforms, which are basically the romanian uniforms from ww2. The little things that are not acurate is the colour, which is not such kaki as in ww2 (hard to find nowadays such kind of colour) and some minor details in tayloring tips of epauletes and some 2-3 other not so evident things. Except someone who is extremely well documented in such details regarding ww2 romanian uniforms, no one can spot the minor diferences.

As backpacks we use also the romanian comunist era rucksacks, which are 90% similar with thos used in ww2. The steelhelmets are original dutch helmets employed in ww2 by romanian army. The putees are homemade from old romanian comunist era greatcoats. The caps are repros, taylored especially for us from reused material provided from old greatcoats, as the putees. We use leather belts from, again smile.gif, romanian comunist era army, but with beltbuckels removed and replaced with one's with no markings on it. The breadsack is made especially for us or a 1950's romanian breadpack, which is also very similar with the one from ww2.

I am not usually providing equipment for reenactment, but when I was last year in Slovakia, I saw how hard one from a foreign country can get romanian equipment, even it is very close to Romania. So, I will try to help you, but I can't promise that I'll be able to help you with all the equipment you require. If you are ok with this, if you are ok with what I told you above about the equipment we use (you also have the photos for exemplification) please PM me.
darius1941
Posted: February 15, 2011 01:10 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

I think the photos are great and all of you in the photos look great!
You had me fool as to the origins of the uniforms as I thought they were Tailored.
I did notice the color of the wool was different but I thought this was because you had only a certain color wool to work with.
The color is not a problem with me or for that matter anything else that you are useing from the communist era.
The idear of starting your own Romanian unit and going total immersion is a wonderful idear and one that I had thought about over the years but could never put in practice.
I look forward to seeing your group in action.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
rwes0917
Posted: February 20, 2011 03:14 am
Quote Post

Soldat

What kind of boots are worn in the photos, and how correct are they?
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 20, 2011 06:47 am
Quote Post

The proper and acurate boots are extremely hard, if not imposible to find. Even if one could maybe find some proper boots, it would be very costly. So we use with good results any kind of black boots, civilian or military. As we wear putees, no one can see major diferences, as long as the civilian or military boots we use are black and simple models, with no fancy decorations. I personally use modern norvegian infantry boots.
aviatorul2000
Posted: February 20, 2011 06:37 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3011

Here you can find a series of rules about the uniform of the romanian army between 1941 - 1944

http://www.traditia-militara.ro/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1268419686
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2031 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]