Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Intelligence during WWII, Activities and actions of Romanian intel
mr valen
Posted: January 14, 2011 06:00 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2977

Is anyone aware of any English language books/articles that deal with the topic of Romanian intelligence before or during WWII? As you know there is a plethora of books on American, British, and even German intelligence services and their history before and during the conflict. There is even information out there on the intelligence services and actions of France and Japan, as well as Finland and Poland. And practically nothing on Italian except for their cryptological actions in the Med and North Africa.

Except for second-hand mentioning on Romania from episodes that deal specifically with an event by one of the major powers (such as SOE/OSS operating in the Balkans or Japan having a listening station in Romania to cover Soveits), and a minor statement by the prolific Dr Kahn that the Germans recognized teh Romanians had poor SIGINT capabilities, I cannot find anything that covers the subject of Romanian military intelligence or CI actions in the 30s and 40s in English. I am aware of the Romanian writers Christian Troncota and names such as Iuliu Maniu and Cristescu, but alas I do not read Romanian and cannot read their works or works about them.

Does anyone know of any websites (even articles online a web translation program can look at), or even books or articles that cover in English Romanian Intelligence during WWII, or even have a general area of where or what book publisher to look at, or even thoughts in general on this subject perhaps? Anything someone cares to venture?
PMEmail Poster
Alexei2102
Posted: February 14, 2011 09:37 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 888

As far as I know, no books written in English about the SSI were released.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0265 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]