Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 'The Cavalier of the Anti-Communist Resistance', Árpád Bereczky of Cluj, 91 years old
Dénes
Posted: April 21, 2008 08:04 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Interesting article in the Gândul daily (in Rumanian):
http://www.gandul.info/viata/cavalerul-rez...ml?3931;2573944

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: April 21, 2008 09:07 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 319

Hmmm... A loat of respect for this man. But, one thing...

Această ultimă distincţie a primit-o personal de la Regina Elisabeta a Marii Britanii. “Când am fost la palat, în Anglia, regina mi-a spus că noi, ungurii din Transilvania, suntem rude de sânge cu familia regală”, îşi aminteşte cavalerul
Propaganda? Or what? Hmmm... anyway, some things happened too often in present days. Ignore me.

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Dénes
Posted: April 22, 2008 05:06 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Iamandi @ April 22, 2008 03:07 am)
Propaganda? Or what? Hmmm...

It's no propaganda at all. A member of the British Royal House was a Hungarian from Transylvania. Countess Claudina Rhédey (1812-1841) was the great grandmother of Queen Elisabeth the IInd. She is burried in Sângeorgiu de Mures/Erdőszentgyörgy. When Prince Charles visited Transylvania recently, he did pay a visit to her grave (she would then be his great-great grandmother, I guess).

user posted image
[Source: www.erdoszentgyorgy.extra.hu]

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on April 22, 2008 05:20 am
C-2
Posted: April 22, 2008 11:01 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

All royal houses from europa were related with each other.
It all started with a Danish souverign.

For ex. The husband of queen Elizabeth the II is first cousin with the former king of romania (Mihai I -for those who don't know) and is Greak by origin.

Ever saw the resamblence between the Duce of Edinborough (the one who patrronate the Wimbledon tournament and Tzar Nicolaithe II?
PMUsers Website
cnflyboy2000
Posted: April 22, 2008 04:44 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (C-2 @ April 22, 2008 04:01 pm)
All royal houses from europa were related with each other.
It all started with a Danish souverign.

For ex. The husband of queen Elizabeth the II is first cousin with the former king of romania (Mihai I -for those who don't know) and is Greak by origin.

Ever saw the resamblence between the Duce of Edinborough (the one who patrronate the Wimbledon tournament and Tzar Nicolaithe II?

True.

Another well known example of the inter-relatedness of European royalty is "the Hapsburg nose"; many continental royals had that same big ugly "schnozalla", recognizable in their portraits and photos!

I think one theory re the decline of monarchy is that, due to all the inbreeding, the royals became enfeebled mentally and physically; the liimited gene pool allowed deleterious mutants to accumulate and pass down the line.
PMYahoo
Dénes
Posted: May 09, 2008 09:37 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Today, Prince Charles paid a short visit to the grave of his great-great grandmother, Countess Claudina Rhédey.

Gen. Dénes
contras
Posted: January 31, 2010 08:15 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

Interesting article.
But it is a mistery, I read all Ion Gavrila Ogoranu's books, I known him and I talk many times to him but he never mentioned about this man. He mentioned many people from Cluj and near area who suported partisans, mentioned many partisans in Apuseni Mountains, but not reference about him.
Ion Gavrila Ogoranu passed away at 1 May 2006, and until his dead he was a very active man, he participated at many forums, conferences, in country and abroad. Did they met in this time?
PMEmail Poster
Vici
Posted: February 01, 2010 02:44 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2455

As far as I know, the various groups fighting against communism had little to no connection between them, being each isolated in a very specific geographical area. So it's not surprising Ogoranu, who fought in the Fagaras mountains, does not know about a fellow fighter from the Cluj area.

Is it mentioned in his books when and how he learned the names of those fighting in the Apuseni Mountains?
PM
contras
Posted: February 01, 2010 09:02 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Yes, he mentioned many of them, the 7-th volume of his memories "Brazii se frang, dar nu se indoiesc" is dedicated of all who fought in Apuseni Mountains, and he specificates many names and persons. This book is written with coautors, like Liviu Plesa, who worked at CNSAS (Consiliul National pentru Studierea Arhivelor Securitatii), and all he written in this book is backed by Securitate's documents.
Many of this freedom fighters were known by Ion Gavrila Ogoranu, he mentioned it.
I studied his books, I talked with him, but he never mentioned that man.
For that I asked if he meet Ogoranu after 1990?
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: February 03, 2010 11:57 pm
Quote Post

Maior

As far as I know, the various groups fighting against communism had little to no connection between them, being each isolated in a very specific geographical area. So it's not surprising Ogoranu, who fought in the Fagaras mountains, does not know about a fellow fighter from the Cluj area.

It is very true what you said here. Ogoranu mentioned many of who fights in Cluj area and in Apuseni Mountains. Do not forget that he has many links with this zone, because he was until 1948 student in Cluj and he coordinates many actions from there. And he knows many people who became later fighters for freedom.
I had some questions about this article. Here it talks about an army of 2000 fighters. Who were this fighters? From wich group they were part of? All we know that resistance groups were separated, they actioned such individuals, not like a whole army. Maybe it refers at the whole resistance in Apuseni Mountains? If the answer is yes, who are the 11 survivors, by name? If you gave me the names, I'll can identify the groups. And I'll can tell if were or not linked with Ion Gavrila Ogoranu.
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: November 23, 2011 10:36 pm
Quote Post

Maior

PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0328 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]