Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Question about a 3 volume book
RedBaron
Posted: October 10, 2010 11:02 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 2425

I have received a book called "Situatia Evreilor din Romania", volume 1 (1939-1941), Editura Tara Noastra - 2003.

I did not get the chance to fully read it, just looked a little here and there, it seems to be a collection of official documents regarding the Jewish situation in 1939-1941. It has also a English translation embedded.

So, in the Foreword there is stated that the book has 3 volumes, but I cant seem to find any info about the other 2 volumes (2, 3). Those volumes should be related to the 1942-1947 period.

Does anyone have these volumes? Do they exist (were they ever released)?

Also, if anyone read any of the volumes, what is the general opinion on this work? It seems to be controversial because of its topic...

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by RedBaron on October 10, 2010 11:02 pm
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: October 11, 2010 04:00 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

http://www.historia.ro/exclusiv_web/genera...arabia-bucovina
Either that link (see comment 1) or search it on the online libraries - I've found it in Iasi, but also volume 1! Maybe there weren't any others edited... blink.gif

This post has been edited by MMM on October 11, 2010 04:02 pm

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
RedBaron
Posted: October 11, 2010 09:55 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2425

Yes, thats the point, I did not find any reference to the 2nd and 3rd volumes.

The book on its cover says the it was released first in 1994 and then all volumes were confiscated in some strange way and sent to be melted. It was again re-released in 2004... probably the 2nd and 3rd volumes never got to be printed.

From prior comments I read on the net, it looks to be appreciated and I could see why some... dedicated people... might wish it gone because probably it challenges the one-side version of the story that is accepted nowadays. But those are subjective comments, I will have to read it myself.

So you did not read this right?
PMEmail Poster
MMM
  Posted: October 12, 2010 04:57 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

Ahem..., well...,
Nope, I didn't read it, as it's outside my immediate interest area! I have enough controversy dealing with the Romanian Army even without the Romanian Holocaust issue! sad.gif
RE: the book itself: maybe the sequels were "dissuaded", because volume 1 was too much!

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0840 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]