Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aurel Vlaicu., 100 years ago...
cainele_franctiror
Posted: May 14, 2011 05:40 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 334

... and Austro-Hungarian citizen ...like Vuia biggrin.gif

c'mon DDD, that's all you got? you can do more!

DDD = Daniel & Denes Direct

I have an ideea: why don't you write together a book? About Romanian born Austro/Hungarian citizens in Romanian Aeronautics. I have another name: Titus Pahone.
PM
C-2
Posted: May 14, 2011 11:11 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Hahaha .
That's fun!
PMUsers Website
RedBaron
Posted: May 21, 2011 09:54 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2425

Thanks for taking the time to reply with such details to my foolish comments. Now, at last, everything should be clear. The hair was split into 4 =)) =))

Final point on the matter being we are ROMANIA, not RUMANIA, not whatever... it is plain and simple. In theory both terms are correct (any many others for that matter) as I said initially, before the hair splitting...

I am pretty sure next time I go in Germany I will call them Allemangne or Duitsland (that is in Africaans for the hair splitters) or whatever accepted name I will come up with that is officially correct, so they will really respect me for naming them like that. If the Germans dont like it, I will say... hey - its correct so do not kick my... But wait, when I will go to Austria, yeah the Austrians are really open people when it comes to their country, so I will be sure to find a foreign/ancient term when speaking there and referring to Austria... yeah they really will appreciate it. Like hell they will smile.gif)

Ok this was my final point on the matter. Do not delete my message, it was my reply to some "arguments", my final reply, no matter what comes next smile.gif) I keep my word.

The work of Denes is appreciated, its not the first time I say it, but... its maybe just my narrow view on things, but when one is guest/host whatever on a forum and some people do find it bothering the use of a specific term... its kinda... I wouldnt use it anymore, out of respect if nothing else. But of course, I dont have a lot of "anglo-saxon" culture in me. Please do excuse me smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: May 22, 2011 11:27 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

Maybe it would be easier for everyone if you clearly explained what exactly is wrong with the use of the word "Rumania" in English.
To all intents and purposes, the word is perfectly acceptable in English. I have no shadow of a doubt that if anyone were to hear/read the word "Rumania" in an English conversation/text he/she would know exactly what that meant.
I never came across a situation in which the word "Romania" symbolised only great things and the word "Rumania" symbolised only bad things.
It is evident that the word "Rumania" used in an English context causes you severe distress, but what is unclear is the reason why.
Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: May 22, 2011 01:28 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Radu, I suggest you las-o balta!

Apparently, people like RedBaron are not intereseted in actually learning, or opening their minds. They are actually feeding on controversy. They are enjoying the attention they get, as RedBaron confessed above. The more controversy they stirr, the better for them.

Forum trolls, as they say.

If one cannot comprehend that the English and Rumanian languages have nothing in common, the fact that the name of a particular country in the official language of that country has nothing to do with the name it was given to her in English, and the fact that the pronuntiation of Rumania with U is more common than with O if all non-Rumanian languages are considered, and spelling Rumania with a U is not "bad" to the image of the country - as it was clearly explained - it means that they are not here to learn, but rather to cause controversy and flame.

This off-topic discussion was closed a while ago and request was made by me to return to Aurel Vlaicu. Yet, after a couple of days of 'peace' it was stirred again, now yet again, just for the sake of stirring more controversy. Hence my advice, just las-o balta. I will try to do the same...

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on May 22, 2011 01:50 pm
Radub
Posted: May 22, 2011 03:59 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

QUOTE (Dénes @ May 22, 2011 01:28 pm)
Radu, I suggest you las-o balta!

Agreed! wink.gif
Radu
RedBaron
Posted: May 30, 2011 08:12 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2425

/noted the troll thing ("daca taceai filozof ramaneai"). I will see to reply to this another time since... now its back on topic

This post has been edited by RedBaron on May 30, 2011 08:53 pm
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0427 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]