Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> CAN ANYONE HELP ME??, UNE RÉSISTANCE ORGANISÉE EN ROUMANIE
Balacius
Posted: November 21, 2012 02:45 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3423

[FONT=Times]
I found an old article from a French (?) newspaper while going through my papers a while back. It speaks of an attack on a Romanian delegation to Bern (?), Switzerland sometime in the first half of the 1950's. The attack killed just the driver of the motorcade. He was later identified as one 'Dimitrie Petrescu', head of the soviet 'resources' in Switzerland, Italy, and Austria. Head of the delegation (at least the spokes person) seems to have been a Mr. Niculescu.

My question(s) are therefore:

Does anyone have more information as to who this D.Petrescu really was? What his 'story' was, and if possible, his involvement during the WWII.
Some of my information suggests that he might have upheld the rank of general.

The same regarding Mr. Niculescu - who was he?

Maybe the most interesting... can anyone inform me exactly WHEN this 'attentat' was taking place??

The article speaks of the Iron Guard (according to Mr. Niculescu), and that there were quite many resistance groups operating in Romania during the early 50's. These groups would supposedly have consisted of former soldiers coming from the 'old royalist army'.

Taking into consideration that the article was written in the 50's, and information/disinformation makes it very difficult to trust everything stated in it.
How much of the general topic in the article can actually be trusted?

I have tried to track down the article and/or the French/Swiss (?) newspaper, but without the year or date of the event, it has been virtually impossible to find it. So, again, can anyone provide me with a date?

But, that the attack took place.... wouldn't that imply that there were armed Romanian group/s that were operating outside Romania, trying to get rid of the communist regime by the means of armed struggle? I'm not referring to those like Gen. Radescu or G.Duca, who set up a Romanian government in exile and tried to make change through peaceful means.

Grateful for any reply / Balacius cool.gif

This post has been edited by Balacius on November 21, 2012 03:10 pm
PMEmail Poster
Balacius
Posted: November 21, 2012 03:01 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Unfortunately The article didn't attach - will post it as soon as this problem's been solved

Balacius ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Petre
Posted: November 21, 2012 03:35 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

PMEmail Poster
Balacius
Posted: November 21, 2012 07:41 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Thanks for the intel - cleared up quite a few Q's/ Balacius tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: November 23, 2012 08:50 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

There apeared a book about this incident in Romanian language at Polirom. It is named Cei cinci care au speriat vestul (The five who scared the West), i supposed. More about this incident here:

http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidentul_de_la_Berna

PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0300 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]