Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cetatea Bucuresti, Dorobantul Collection no. 4
Victor
Posted: August 18, 2009 11:28 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I went this morning to the National Military Museum to pick-up the MODEList no.3 issue from the model shop. Unfortunately, the shop was closed, but to my surprise I found a new book from the Dorobantul series:

Cetatea Bucuresti - Fortificatiile din jurul Capitalei by Cornel I. Scafes and Ioan I. Scafes

The book deals with the fortifications built around Bucharest at the end of the 19th century. It goes into details about the decisions that led to the initiation of this project, the forts and batteries themselves, the artillery that was installed inside them, the troops that manned them and the situation of the fortifications in 1914 and today. It also has an 8 page English summary of the 55 Romanian pages that precede them. Looks like an interesting and easy read, which should not miss from the library of Romanian military history enthusiasts.

The price is 10 RON, so it's dirt cheap. My advice is to pass by the museum and buy one, if you have the opportunity.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0311 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]