Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> US missile shield in Romania?
Hadrian
Posted: September 01, 2009 02:50 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 875

QUOTE (Dmitry @ September 01, 2009 10:14 am)

Dear Hadrian,

I would ask you not to address your words to the whole nation.

Dear Dmitry,

My apologies. Please read "the russians" from previous posts as "leadership of Russia". I`m sure that most of the common people in your country don't care about world domination, but about the next term of payment for the mortgage, just like we do. smile.gif.

On the other hand, people in East Europe are still warry about Russia and there is a reason. We still try to buy weapons, put missile shields and american bases, and also supplementary NATO members between us and the russian border for a reason. This thing didn`t came out of nowhere, but it was a reaction to Russia`s posture. In the end, this shield is a defensive shield... And Russia already has it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-135_anti-ba..._missile_system

I don`t think Russia has the right to deny to others the protection insured for itself. This kind of behaviour is hypocrite
People of russian minorities in Europe are european citizens, with the same rights as everybody else. If they feel discriminated in Europe, there is a European Court of Human Rights. Russia should go there, not send fighters...

This post has been edited by Hadrian on September 01, 2009 03:02 pm
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: September 02, 2009 04:32 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Hadrian @ August 31, 2009 11:31 pm)
I think we should get in NATO everybody in Europe, build missile shield that covers all Europe, and make the russians understand who`s in charge in 21 century. wink.gif . This is the only thing russians understand, power.

They still keep an ocupation army in Transnistria as we speak...

That's out of our league. If the US wants to have tense relations with Russia then it should lead the way. But Romania being a loud-mouth while the US and NATO want to cooperate with Russia is bad policy because we put ourselves in off-side.

So what? Romania has occupation forces in separatist Kosovo.

--------------------
I
PM
MMM
  Posted: September 03, 2009 02:50 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

C'mon, Imperialist! This was a "joke", right? Next, some nutcase will say we have occupation forces in the separatist Szekel Region (or however they wish to call themselves these days, besides hotheads)!
It's like comparing apples with pears and concluding the're not melons!

This post has been edited by MMM on September 03, 2009 02:51 pm

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Stephen Dabapuscu
Posted: September 22, 2009 05:47 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 440

The idea of a missle shield in Eastern Europe never made any sense! Even if it worked it could only stop 6-12 missles, the Russians have thousands! Of course it does not work or even exist! So why would Romania want make Russia point a thousand nukes at it?
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: September 22, 2009 08:22 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Stephen Dabapuscu @ September 22, 2009 05:47 pm)
The idea of a missle shield in Eastern Europe never made any sense! Even if it worked it could only stop 6-12 missles, the Russians have thousands! Of course it does not work or even exist! So why would Romania want make Russia point a thousand nukes at it?

The shield was not primarily geared to deal with Russia's arsenal but with that of Iran. Indirectly if need be even with China's.

--------------------
I
PM
Stephen Dabapuscu
Posted: September 22, 2009 08:54 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 440

QUOTE (Imperialist @ September 22, 2009 08:22 pm)
QUOTE (Stephen Dabapuscu @ September 22, 2009 05:47 pm)

The shield was not primarily geared to deal with Russia's arsenal but with that of Iran. Indirectly if need be even with China's.

Tell that to the Russians! If it was really intended to defend against the "IRAN" it be based in Israel and Turkey! not Poland and the Czech Republic! cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0309 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]