Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> unknown plane
Antoon Barnard
Posted: June 21, 2009 03:55 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2535

Hello!I'm new to this forum,so excuse me if I didn't put the problem to good.I've heard that a plane (possibly a Heinkel hydroplane)is laying at the bottom of Snagov lake.Can somebody confirm this or tell me someting about this?
PMEmail Poster
Radub
Posted: June 22, 2009 07:49 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

According to booklet "He 114" by Serban Ionescu and Cristian Craciunoiu, there may be one He114 that sank during a storm in Snagov Lake. This sounds like it was lost while moored, therefore may be close to the shore. This may be bad news, because that means it is in relatively shallow water close to the shore, which makes it easy to either salvage or loot. The booklet is very vague on this.

According to the same booklet, there may be one He114 lost in an alighting accident in a lake near Alexeni. The booklet also mentions that parts from a He114 lost in Siutghiol Lake were recovered by a diving enthusiast and donated to the Navy Museum in Constanta.

Radu

This post has been edited by Radub on June 22, 2009 07:49 am
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Antoon Barnard
Posted: June 22, 2009 10:17 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2535

First I want to say I'm sorry that I posted the topic on Romanian Navy,I didn't look closley.And thank you for the awnser I'l come up with news if I can research.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0357 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]