Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Escadrila alba, O istorie subiectiva, de Daniel Focsa / Editura Vremea
cainele_franctiror
Posted: September 25, 2008 05:35 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 334

QUOTE (MaxFax @ September 24, 2008 12:10 pm)
QUOTE (C-2 @ September 23, 2008 11:49 pm)
Nice book.
I enjoy reading it.

Yeah, .... I supose you dit it on the toillet or ... in the subway laugh.gif

This film also was produced by Ioan I Cantacuzino
PM
cainele_franctiror
Posted: September 25, 2008 05:36 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

QUOTE (bansaraba @ September 24, 2008 11:47 am)
It would be fantastic to discover it. A while ago, in the Italian archives was found "Odessa in flacari"/"Catuse rosii" (1942), another "lost" film. Unfortunately, only the italian soundtrack survived.

This film also was produced by Ioan I Cantacuzino
PM
Victor
Posted: September 26, 2008 09:52 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

cainele fractiror,

Fratello is entitled to his opinion. If you want to challenge his opinion, please do it in a civilzied manner. Thank you!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
C-2
Posted: September 26, 2008 08:17 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Dobran enjoyed the book.
PMUsers Website
Alexei2102
Posted: September 26, 2008 11:09 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

QUOTE (bansaraba @ September 24, 2008 11:47 am)
It would be fantastic to discover it. A while ago, in the Italian archives was found "Odessa in flacari"/"Catuse rosii" (1942), another "lost" film. Unfortunately, only the italian soundtrack survived.

Indeed, only the Italian soundtrack, but with the original Romanian subtitles. I have a copy myself, and I can prove for the matter.

Al

user posted image

This post has been edited by Alexei2102 on September 26, 2008 11:19 pm
PMEmail Poster
bansaraba
Posted: September 27, 2008 10:23 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 2196

The subtitles are not original, they were added after the film was discovered and brought in Romania.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: September 27, 2008 11:55 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

[OT]. Are there any shots of captured Soviet airplanes/airfields?

Gen. Dénes
bansaraba
Posted: September 27, 2008 05:12 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 2196

I've only watched the beginning, but I've heard it has some newsreel footage included. I'll check later.
PMEmail Poster
Vranceanu
Posted: September 28, 2008 09:00 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 2252

If the opinion of the literary critics an historians of the aviation, about my book, are not enough, il must remember that "Escadrila alba. O istorie subiectiva" was read by Mariana Dragescu, Stela and Viorica Hutan, Elena Senchea Popescu, Ion Dobran, Dan Stoian, Cornel Marandiuc, Alexe Rusen - and they enjoyed it. (And, last but not least, Neagu Djuvara who written the forword).
It's enough for you, Fratello ?
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: September 28, 2008 09:50 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Untill Gigi Fecalli reads it ,it's not good for me.
PMUsers Website
Fratello
Posted: September 28, 2008 07:34 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

If the opinion of the literary critics an historians of the aviation, about my book, are not enough, il must remember that "Escadrila alba. O istorie subiectiva" was read by Mariana Dragescu, Stela and Viorica Hutan, Elena Senchea Popescu, Ion Dobran, Dan Stoian, Cornel Marandiuc, Alexe Rusen - and they enjoyed it. (And, last but not least, Neagu Djuvara who written the forword).
It's enough for you, Fratello ?

Why don t you accept the critics??? That was and it is my opinion: the book is mediocre. When somebody buy your book, that person is free to appreciate or to critic your work. Why don t you understand this. It s my right to do this.
PMEmail Poster
Vranceanu
Posted: September 29, 2008 08:16 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 2252

You are allowed to critic anything, but in a civilized way, not in your injurious manner. You was not obliged to by my book. If you don not like it, you are free to publish a better book. Why don't you do this ? By the way, how many books of aviation's history did you published until now ?
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: September 30, 2008 06:38 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Cut it out before it gets personal.
Fratello
Posted: September 30, 2008 07:51 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

Ok Victor. For me is nothing personal with the author. I wish him "good look" for the next book.

This post has been edited by Fratello on September 30, 2008 07:57 am
PMEmail Poster
romrail
Posted: September 30, 2008 11:58 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 852

I didn't wanted to interfer in the argument between Fratello and Varnceanu, but I can't stand out anymore!

I got this book few days ago and managed to read a part of it. I agree that it is more a memorialistic book, than a pure historical one, but this doesn't mean that is a mediocre one. I actually find it to be a very good book because it "brings into the light" not the actual military campaign, which was already discussed other published books, but it offers some interesting and true aspects of the actual life and thoughts of the people that were behind the actual war weapons.

Together with the historic books describing the actual war operations of the "White Squadron", Mr. Focsa's book tries to introduce the reader in the actual life that the people that were figthing on the Russian front had. It remembers us about the daily life of the romanian soldiers, it shows us some untold aspects of the military operations and (the most important thing) it clearly shows us how the new political power installed in Romania after 1944 treated the men and women who dedicated their life to defend their country. It shows us a glimpse of the sad and brutal story of the romanian soldiers that were arrested and convicted for the only crime of figthing for their country.

I think that this book, even if some of you find it small and unimportant should be read by all those that want to have a correct and as complete as they can image of the actual life during the WWII years. It can represent the starting point for a whole range of new books, for studies on some unpublished aspects, and not last it represents a tribute for the memory of those women who left their routine life and didn't gave up in front of all the dangers that expected them on the war front. Maybe by reading this book we'll change the indifference that some of us have when we hear about those that fight in WWII. Maybe now, "in their final hour", we'll start uderstanding their tragedy and we'll start to really appreciate them for their courage to do what they did for this country.

This post has been edited by romrail on September 30, 2008 12:01 pm
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0520 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]