Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website



  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Constanta Batteries
raevski
Posted: April 12, 2008 03:58 am
Quote Post


Fruntas
*

Group: Members
Posts: 64
Member No.: 1824
Joined: February 04, 2008



Does anyone have a map of where the Naval batteries are around Constanta at the time of the Russian raid in 1941.
If it is possible to tell what guns were where would help also thanks.
PMEmail Poster
Top
raevski
Posted: January 06, 2010 03:33 am
Quote Post


Fruntas
*

Group: Members
Posts: 64
Member No.: 1824
Joined: February 04, 2008



Bump
any help here?

if they can be picked out on Google earth thast would be cool
PMEmail Poster
Top
Petre
Posted: February 02, 2010 07:37 pm
Quote Post


Capitan
*

Group: Members
Posts: 690
Member No.: 2434
Joined: March 24, 2009



From a russian source :
I. The coastal defence in Constantza area 22.06.1941
The Romanian artillery: The coastal batteries :
«Midia» 4-152 mm,
«Tataia» 3-152 mm,
«Constantza Oras» 4-76 mm,
«Constantza Port» 4-66 mm,
«Agigea» 4-120 mm,
«Constantza-7» 4-75 mm.
German artillery: The coastal batteries :
«Tirpitz» 3-280 mm, to the south of Constantza,
«Lange Bruno» 3-280 mm, to the north of Constantza,
«Breslau» 3-170 mm, to the south of Constantza.
Separate sector of Mangalija (Romanian):
«Comorova» 3-152 mm,
«Petru Rares» 2-75 mm.
II. The Organization of coastal defence in the Danube Delta area 22.06.1941.
Sector "Sulina":
16th Marine Battalion,
The coastal batteries
«Stefan» 4-120 mm,
«Tepes» 4-102 mm.
Besides: 4-150 mm, 4-76 mm, 2-47мм, 2-40мм, 2-13,2мм.
Sector "Periprava":
17th Marine Battalion, 4-75 mm,
Sector "Kilija":
15th Marine Battalion, 4-75 mm, 6-54 mm, 2-25 mm.

This post has been edited by Petre on February 03, 2010 09:13 am
PMEmail Poster
Top
dragos
Posted: February 02, 2010 09:32 pm
Quote Post


Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 2397
Member No.: 2
Joined: February 11, 2003



Map of the 1941 raid from "Marina romana in al doilea razboi mondial", Koslinski and Stanescu

(IMG:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/305/raidzh.th.jpg)
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Top
raevski
Posted: February 03, 2010 06:58 am
Quote Post


Fruntas
*

Group: Members
Posts: 64
Member No.: 1824
Joined: February 04, 2008



fantastic, you guys are just amazing.

are there any sites left today?
PMEmail Poster
Top
Petre
Posted: May 20, 2011 02:54 pm
Quote Post


Capitan
*

Group: Members
Posts: 690
Member No.: 2434
Joined: March 24, 2009



A site-source appears to be not very accurate :
http://reocities.com/MotorCity/Freeway/7333/ArtCoGer.html

Nothing has been foud about 688.Eisenbahn Batterie “Lange Bruno” (the 688th Railway Battery „Long Bruno”) – 3 x 28 in Constantza. Very few texts speak only of Leningrad, Sevastopol and the Atlantic Wall.
However, to be seen :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_cm_SK_L/40_%22Bruno%22
http://www.one35th.com/model/k5/k5_28cmke.htm

Just few things are about Marine-Artillerie-Kommandeur Konstanz im Abschnitt.
Also found on german sites :
Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 621 (the 621st Marine Artillery Battalion)
… In 1942 moved to Russian front, where it was used in Constantza area. The staff functioned as Artillerie-Kommandeur Konstanza, the two batteries were used as follows:
1. Battery "Tirpitz" in Constanta 3 x 28-cm, 10 x 2-cm Flak, 1 x 150cm searchlight (proiector), 1 x 60cm spotlight (proiector).
2. Battery "Breslau" in Constanta 3 x 17 cm, 2 x 2-cm Flak, 2 x 110cm searchlight

Heeres-Küsten-Artillerie-Abteilung 799 (The 799th Army Coastal Artillery Battalion)
... In 1942 it was transferred to Russian front at the Black Sea Admiral. The staff was in Constanta and the batteries were distributed as follows :
1. Battery in Cap Midia 4 x 10.5-cm
2. Battery in Carmen Sylva 4 x 10.5-cm
3. Battery in Constanta 4 x 10.5-cm

This post has been edited by Petre on May 20, 2011 02:56 pm
PMEmail Poster
Top
Leo_Niehorster
Posted: May 21, 2011 05:59 pm
Quote Post


Soldat
*

Group: Members
Posts: 11
Member No.: 348
Joined: September 19, 2004



It appears that Heeres-Küsten-Artillerie-Abteilung 799 was probably not at the Black Sea.

My sources say that the HKA 799 was in Belgium and Northern France from 01.02.41 through 19.12.43, when it redesignated as the II./HKAR 1252, and stationed in Le Havre, Northern France (under 17. Lw-Feld-Div, 15. K.V.A.-F, LXXXI. AK, 15. Armee) until dissolved in October 1944.
:unsure:

Would you please check your source again?

Thanks
Leo
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Top
Petre
Posted: May 21, 2011 06:30 pm
Quote Post


Capitan
*

Group: Members
Posts: 690
Member No.: 2434
Joined: March 24, 2009



Checked.
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliede...llerie/HKAA.htm

Also found :
Marineartillerieabteilung 613 (2) (the 613rd Marine Artillery Battalion)
Re-formed in May 1944 from Artilleriebatterien in Romania (Marinebatterie Tirpitz) and from the remnants of Marineartillerieabteilungen 601, 602, 613 and 614 which had retreated from the Crimea. Dissolved in August 1944.


This post has been edited by Petre on May 22, 2011 05:53 pm
PMEmail Poster
Top
Petre
Posted: April 13, 2016 06:25 pm
Quote Post


Capitan
*

Group: Members
Posts: 690
Member No.: 2434
Joined: March 24, 2009



(German) Admiral, Black Sea. The War Diary (american text) :

December 1941
Naval Group South (Marinegruppenkommando Süd – Sofia) points out that the German railroad battery E 628 (three 28 cm. guns) (688.Eisenbahn Batterie “Lange Bruno”), set up near Constanta, can be released by the Navy for the present.

June 24, 1942
Naval Command, Constantza (Deutschen Marinekommandos Konstanza) reported that the Army Coastal artillery Detachment 789 (Heeres-Küsten-Artillerie-Abteilung 789) conprising three 10.5 cm.(?) batteries was no longer ready for action, owing to preparations for transfer. The detachment is to be moved to the Crimea in accordance with the OKH decision.
The withdrawal of Amy Coastal Artillery Detachment 789, which cooperated particularly well with the Navy and was also supported by the Rumanians who had tried to jet it to remain in our area, makes the noticeable weakening of coastal defense in the Constantza sector. There are at present no Rumanian batteries available as replacements.

December 1942
The Coastal Battery Divisional Command Constantza (Marine-Artillerie Kommandeur Konstanza), made available by General Unruh and the Command of Coastal Battery 621 (Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 621) were dissolved on 12 December. The battery "Tirpitz" has therefore become an independent battery.

21 Aug. 1944
The Commanding Admiral, Black Sea reports after inquiry:
The Anti-aircraft artillery armament of Constanta consists at present of 4 German air force batteries with a total of 24 x 8.8 cm guns, 3 Romanian batteries with a total of 12 x 8.8 cm guns and 3 Romanian batteries of each 5 x 7.5 cm guns. The last mentioned were changed into 3 batteries with each 4 x 8.8 cm guns ( ? ).

This post has been edited by Petre on September 23, 2016 08:56 am
PMEmail Poster
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

 






[ Script Execution time: 0.0379 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]