Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Roles for children
RHaught
Posted: April 06, 2008 02:36 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

Well we are having our first in July and will be named Matthew. biggrin.gif I am sure my wife will not let me bring him out doing German or HJ but might let me bring him out when I do Romanian when get gets older. So in order to do this correctly, what youth organizations were in Romania at the time and where can I get information on them?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: April 06, 2008 05:38 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Unfortunately, all youth organizations were abolished in September 1940, when King Carol II abdicated. In 1938 Carol II reorganized the youth movement: “Cercetasii Romaniei” (“Romanian scouts”) and set up new organizations. Among them, “Straja Tarii” ( “The Country Guard”) was the most important. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straja_%C5%A2%C4%83rii

When the new regime led by General Ion Antonescu and the “Iron Guard” took power, this youth organization was disbanded together with other organizations and parties created by King Carol II.

During WW2 it wasn’t any youth organization in Romania except the “Pregatirea Premilitara” (“Pre-military Training”) organization which was appealed to the male teenagers.

Even if women and children were not accepted within combatant troops, it was a tradition in the Romanian army, called “Copii de trupa” (“The Unit Children”). They usually were boys over 7 years old, generally orphans of military NCOs, who were took in charge by a military unit. They were hosted, equipped and educated by the military of that unit and studied in a school of the garrison city. When growing up they supposed to fallow a military school and become NCOs in the respective unit. During the 1930s the Unit Children of the 6th Guard Regiment “Mihai Viteazul” were also used as drummers in the regimental band, during the ceremonies. Those children wore military uniforms with the same cut as their elder brothers in arms.

There were several cases of children in the Romanian army during WW2. Some of them accompanied their units on the front, of course not on combatant duties.

This might be an idea for your son… smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: April 06, 2008 06:27 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (RHaught @ April 06, 2008 08:36 am)
Well we are having our first in July and will be named Matthew. biggrin.gif

Excellen name choice. My son is called Mátyás (Hungarian for Matthew)... wink.gif

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
guina
Posted: April 06, 2008 11:18 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 1393

Hi RHAUGHT,
Actually " Cercetasi" organization exists and is going strong.It is also recognized by E.U.It has lots of activities and is a member of World Scout Organization.
Details http://www.scout.ro/
As for the name congratulations to both of you.Apostole Mattew wrote the firt oe the four canonical scriptures in the New Testament,the one on which Luke and Mark based their scriptures.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: April 10, 2008 02:20 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (Dénes @ April 06, 2008 06:27 am)
QUOTE (RHaught @ April 06, 2008 08:36 am)
Well we are having our first in July and will be named Matthew. biggrin.gif

Excellen name choice. My son is called Mátyás (Hungarian for Matthew)... wink.gif

Gen. Dénes

Well only boonicootza knows this but last month my wife had surgery to remove thyroid cancer. If it wasn't for the baby most likely it would have spread (the type she has is one of the worst two to get). Going to the doctor in October for about being pregnant she found a nodule in her throat. So, he truly is a "Gift of God" and when he gets older will tell him how he saved his mothes life.

Thanks for the input since I want to bring him out when he is older to reenact. Think he should know the history of his wife's country along with mine and hope to instill a love of history into him.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0307 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]