Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Romanian Forces in the West
Victor
Posted: September 24, 2010 01:30 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (General @ September 24, 2010 02:21 pm)
Well, thank you for your answer. dry.gif

The list you asked for means time spent by someone compiling and writing it down. Given that this is not part of most of the members' job descriptions or family-related priorities, it should not come as a surprise to you that the answer will not be immediate. Usually there is more time for such an activity during weekends.

However, being too sarcastic (not to say rude) will surely diminish the possibility of someone taking some time from one's everyday life and compiling the information you seek.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
General
Posted: September 24, 2010 06:29 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2901

Sorry, I believed you forgot me. I'll wait.
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: September 25, 2010 05:43 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

First of all there was no fixed OoB during the entire campaign. It changed from operation to operation as the situation required it, with divisions being assigned to one corps or the other (as you know there were 2 corps in each army during the 1945 campaign) or even to Soviet corps. Also, Soviet units were assigned to Romanian corps for some operations.

In January 1945, the 4th Army was deployed for the Roznava Operation in this manner:
- 2nd Corps: 9th Infantry Division, 3rd Dorobanti Regiment (from the 11th Infantry Division), the 30th and 31st Pioneer Battalions and the Soviet 54th Fortification Sector
- 6th Corps: 6th, 18th and 21st Infantry Divisions, 2nd and 3rd Heavy Artillery Regiments, the Soviet 680th AT Regiment and the Soviet 324th Katyusha Regiment.

The bulk of the 11th Infantry Division was held in reserve.

The Romanian 3rd Infantry and 8th Cavalry Divisions were subordinated to the Soviet 51st Corps, neighboring the Romanian 6th Corps.

For the operations in the Javorina Mountains, in February 1945, the 1st Army's 4th Corps was reunited with the 7th Corps (which had fought since November in the operation for the conquest of Budapest):
- 4th Corps: 2nd and 3rd Mountain Divisions, 2nd Infantry Division
-7th Corps: 10th and 19th Infantry Divisions, 9th Cavalry Division, 1st and 7th Heavy Artillery Regiment.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
General
Posted: September 25, 2010 05:13 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2901

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry again. I have no excuse, but I have an explanation. Just a few day before asking to you for information I had one annoying experience. I sent a message to the 'World Rank Insignia' site to make some corrections to the Romania Kingdom plate. I put in attachment pictures, plates, everything that was necesarry. No answer. I've written them again. They finally answered and invoked a hard disk problem and invited me to send them again the plates. So I did. I've asked them to confirm they've received my message. Days have gone by and no answer. Then I've got the sensation I am talking to one. Now I come back to topic. I've read somewhere that the 1st Cavalry Division was a part of the 4th Army in the first half of 1945. Is this true ? Thank you again.
PMEmail Poster
Petre
Posted: February 15, 2013 09:14 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

I can no longer find a text about a romanian general (High Comander), sayng (somethihg like this) :
"- Mai baieti, luati-o mai usor, nu vedeti ca astia vor sa termine ?!... Nemtii si asa sunt pierduti ... Vreti sa nu aveti cu cine sa va mai intoarceti in tara ?..."
Also I really can not remember who was the person.
PMEmail Poster
Florin
Posted: February 16, 2013 03:42 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Benoit Douville @ February 05, 2005 08:31 pm)
Mabadesc,

You are absolutely right. The French Army was supposed to be the best Army between World War I and World War II according to some Historians, well it was probably the most overated Army ever!

Regards

Something less known is that during the two world wars all French governments and all French parliaments approved any money requested by the leadership of the French Army.
When things did not work well, it was not due to lack of financial resources.
PM
Petre
Posted: June 11, 2013 06:21 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

General Nicolae Dascalescu and the West Front :

user posted image

This post has been edited by Petre on June 11, 2013 06:22 pm
PMEmail Poster
Taz1
Posted: June 20, 2016 01:27 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2414

A question regarding the romanian army operations on the west front. Many romanians veterans told about the germans lacking ammo for the tank guns and using them to ram the romanian and russian vehicles and tanks in the last days of the war. It is true or only a myth ?
PMEmail Poster
Cantacuzino
Posted: June 20, 2016 08:56 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

It is true germans lacking ammo for the tank guns in the last month of war.

It is not true using tanks to ram the romanian and russian (vehicles or tanks).

But for sure they used better tactics to avoid ammo consuming without results.

One example is related by romanian ww2 tank veteran in his memories book.

"...In one night romanian light tanks were passing (in line, one after one)a bridge to enter in a village ( western front) . A single german Tiger suddenly apperead from a corner and made only one shot. Three romanian tanks were on fire after the german shell hit them . The romanians were finally conquered the village but that Tiger run away without fighting anymore...."
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0370 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]