Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why Romania entered the war against the Soviets?
MMM
Posted: April 02, 2009 09:26 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

I wouldn't go so far to say he's crucified! He was considered a war criminal AND a hero; it "only" depends on which side of the gun one is.
True fact: without him, Romania would have done a lot worse and we might have had even gas chambers...
True fact: he was anti-semite and could have done more to save the jews, as most of the victims died from malnutrition, typhos and other causes, rather than "led overdose", so to say...
True fact: even if 23.08.1944 wouldn't have happened as it did, Romania still would have became a "Popular Democracy" mad.gif
To end, there are - and will still be - many fans of him, regardless what the international oppinion considers him (and tries to enforce that upon us)!

This post has been edited by MMM on April 02, 2009 09:26 am

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Imperialist
Posted: April 02, 2009 05:06 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

I'm not sure, but I think he doesn't even have a proper grave. Does he?

--------------------
I
PM
MMM
Posted: April 03, 2009 04:47 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

I have to check that out, but I remember there was a talk about that in june 2006, at 60 years after the "trial", to identify his remains and give them a proper grave - but afterwards I heard nothing more on the subject! I guess he still lies in "Valea Piersicilor"...

This post has been edited by MMM on April 03, 2009 04:47 am

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0351 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]