Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Access rights for General Discussion section, strating March 2008
PanzerKing
Posted: March 03, 2008 10:13 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

I do not understand, I meet both requirements!

I've been on this forum since the beginning and participate in the historical section all the time, maybe not lately because I'm so busy, but that's why I come here!!! I do not understand why I am not allowed to use the General Discussion. I have 196 posts in the historical section! sad.gif

This post has been edited by PanzerKing on March 03, 2008 10:13 pm
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
C-2
Posted: March 04, 2008 01:05 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

I vote for panzer king.
He's right about "he's past".
Let him in!
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: March 04, 2008 07:20 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (PanzerKing @ March 04, 2008 12:13 am)
I do not understand, I meet both requirements!

I've been on this forum since the beginning and participate in the historical section all the time, maybe not lately because I'm so busy, but that's why I come here!!! I do not understand why I am not allowed to use the General Discussion. I have 196 posts in the historical section! sad.gif

I think I was pretty clear about this: you need to "file an application" in this topic first. I do not have the time to take every member and see if he/she fulfills the requirments, especially since many are not active any more. So, to save time and unnecessary work, those of you who do not have access to the GD section and meet one of the basic requirements for it, make a post in this topic and you will receive access.

Please read more carefully what I write.

Those who fulfill at least one of these two conditions and want to receive access to the General Discussion area will post their application here.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PanzerKing
Posted: March 05, 2008 05:23 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 29

Actually, it was not very clear because in the U.S., and probably in Romania too...an application is usually a form with questions and requirements. I literally thought there was an application to fill out.

That is why I did not understand! wink.gif

If I would have known that I just needed to ask in this thread, I obviously would have done it now wouldn't I? smile.gif

No need to be uptight Victor!

This post has been edited by PanzerKing on March 05, 2008 05:27 am
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Kosmo
Posted: March 06, 2008 11:56 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 745

I'm old around here. Not much of a presence, but I'm old biggrin.gif
Not very old really, but old enough to count me in.
PMEmail Poster
Jeff_S
Posted: March 11, 2008 10:23 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 309

Victor, would it be possible to let those of us who don't have rights to post in General Discussion still read it?

Putting the focus back on the historical sections of the forum, and getting rid of trolls and spammers are admirable goals for sure. But GD was interesting sometimes too, and what harm can it do to let the rest of us read it? Surely if people start moving their spamming or trolling to the historical sections that can be dealt with individually.

Also on a technical note, when the restriction went in to effect, it's as if our earlier posts just vanished. Before the restriction I had about 50% of my posts in GD. Now my "most active" forum is post-WW2 and recent, but that's still only 20%, or 102 posts. I haven't been posting like a madman in other historical sections, so I'm still about 50% in GD I think. The problem it creates is that without counting posts by hand, there is no way to know when I'm over the "150 historical posts" limit and can ask to be allowed back in to GD.
PMYahoo
dragos
Posted: March 11, 2008 10:48 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Done.
Also, you are welcome to GD forum
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Jeff_S
Posted: March 11, 2008 11:11 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Thanks, and thanks!

Now for the sake of your health Dragos, please go to sleep.
PMYahoo
Victor
Posted: March 13, 2008 06:50 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jeff_S @ March 12, 2008 12:23 am)
Victor, would it be possible to let those of us who don't have rights to post in General Discussion still read it?

Putting the focus back on the historical sections of the forum, and getting rid of trolls and spammers are admirable goals for sure. But GD was interesting sometimes too, and what harm can it do to let the rest of us read it? Surely if people start moving their spamming or trolling to the historical sections that can be dealt with individually.

Also on a technical note, when the restriction went in to effect, it's as if our earlier posts just vanished. Before the restriction I had about 50% of my posts in GD. Now my "most active" forum is post-WW2 and recent, but that's still only 20%, or 102 posts. I haven't been posting like a madman in other historical sections, so I'm still about 50% in GD I think. The problem it creates is that without counting posts by hand, there is no way to know when I'm over the "150 historical posts" limit and can ask to be allowed back in to GD.

There is no need to have 150 posts if you have been a member for more than 6 months.
Jeff_S
Posted: March 20, 2008 11:41 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

QUOTE (Victor @ February 26, 2008 03:10 am)
The basic conditions for access are:
- membership for at least 6 months
- minimum 150 posts in the historical section of the forum.

Those who fulfill at least one of these two conditions and want to receive access to the General Discussion area will post their application here.

Thanks for clarifying that. You did say "at least one" of the two conditions, for those who read the initial post carefully.
PMYahoo
guina
Posted: April 05, 2008 07:15 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 1393

Sir,
Request permission to join G.D.
PMEmail Poster
Iamandi
Posted: June 29, 2008 04:43 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 319

Give me rights to post in g.d. too, please.

Thanks,

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Victor
Posted: June 30, 2008 06:35 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Done.
Messerschmitt
Posted: July 02, 2008 06:27 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

Can i also join the "club"? biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
dragos
Posted: July 02, 2008 06:42 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Yes
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0276 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]