Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Commemorative festivities in Oradea
Kepi
Posted: October 02, 2007 11:51 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

On the 12th-14th of October, 2007 will be celebrated “The Days of the City of Oradea”. In the opening of these events, the authorities intend to organize some commemorative ceremonies with the participation of some members of the “6 Dorobantzes” Association, dressed in WW1 uniforms.

The program of these festivities will be as fallows:

Friday, 12th of October.

09.00 – Wreaths deposition ceremony in front of the Romanian Soldier monument, with military honours;
10.15 - Wreaths deposition ceremony at Aurel Lazar’s house, with military honours;
11.00 – Inauguration of Aurel Lazar’s statue, with military honours;
19.00 – Parade of torch carriers.

Saturday, 13th of October.

09.00 - Wreaths deposition ceremony at Aurel Lazar’s grave, with military honours;
10.00 – Symposium at the Military Museum of Oradea.

The re-enactors, in WW1 impressions, will provide an honour guard at Aurel Lazar’s statue and in the cemetery and will parade in front of the present-day troops. They will also participate at the torch light parade. Unfortunately there will be no volleys or other pyrotechnical effects.

I think it might be an interesting show for the people in the area. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 02, 2007 05:54 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Probably saturday I'll go to the Military Museum, if I have enough time rolleyes.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
21 inf
Posted: October 13, 2007 10:55 am
Quote Post

Just went from comemoration at dr Aurel Lazar's grave in Oradea cemetery, were Kepi and his reenactment group presented the honour, as military guards.

I'm very glad that I met Kepi, Mihnea and the other guys from the reenactment group from Bucharest, even if we have little time to discuss. Hope that in the future we'll have a good collaboration biggrin.gif

I filmed their participation, but unfortunatelly my pictures taken at the event are of poor quality, which doesnt allow me to put them here.

Thank you, again, Kepi for the infos provided and for your kindness. smile.gif

PS: hope that at least Kepi have better photos and that he'll upload it. biggrin.gif
21 inf
Posted: October 14, 2007 11:39 am
Quote Post

My 2 cents poor quality photo's taken at the comemoration of dr. Aurel Lazar at Oradea in the presence of military guard from 6th Dorobanti.

user posted image

user posted image
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: October 14, 2007 12:09 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

And by using a little Irish Magic, Walla!!!, the following fantastic results appear,

user posted image

user posted image

No need to thank me chaps, my pleasure!!!

Kevin in Deva biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: October 15, 2007 06:30 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (21 inf @ October 13, 2007 10:55 am)
Just went from comemoration at dr Aurel Lazar's grave in Oradea cemetery, were Kepi and his reenactment group presented the honour, as military guards.

I'm very glad that I met Kepi, Mihnea and the other guys from the reenactment group from Bucharest, even if we have little time to discuss. Hope that in the future we'll have a good collaboration  biggrin.gif

I filmed their participation, but unfortunatelly my pictures taken at the event are of poor quality, which doesnt allow me to put them here.

Thank you, again, Kepi for the infos provided and for your kindness.  smile.gif

PS: hope that at least Kepi have better photos and that he'll upload it.  biggrin.gif

It was a pleasure to meet you on Saturday, in Oradea. biggrin.gif

I hope you’ll be able to start a new reenactment group, as a section of the new created National Association of Clio’s Knights. As you saw in the Military Museum, it would be a possibility to have weapons for your training and commemorative presentations. We are ready to help you with all the information you need concerning the equipment, drill, traditions, etc.

We look forward to cooperate with you on future historical shows. smile.gif

You could find some pictures from Oradea event, here: http://www.anca.com.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118 I hope to obtain some other pictures from the organizers.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 15, 2007 04:44 pm
Quote Post

Hi, Kepi!

I spoke with my guys from Oradea and 2 of them agreed to the idea to make the reenactement group as they saw the video that I made to your "platoon" smile.gif and your photo from adress you posted above.

My idea for us is to reenact a unit raised from the ranks of former romanian transylvanians from Rusia, who were previously serving in AH army. I know that they raised a number of regiments who arived in Iasi in 1917. Can you help me showing where I have to search in order to see details about the history of this transylvanian regiments from Romanian army in 1917, for we have to choose a certain regiment/batalion?

Thank you in advance, Bogdan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIN TARA MOTILOR EU AM VENIT!
Kepi
Posted: October 16, 2007 08:50 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

More photos from the last week-end event in Oradea, can be seen at : http://6dorobanti.ro/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1190974407/10#10
PMEmail Poster
Sturmpionier
Posted: October 16, 2007 04:46 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 630

QUOTE (21 inf @ October 15, 2007 06:44 pm)
Hi, Kepi!

I spoke with my guys from Oradea and 2 of them agreed to the idea to make the reenactement group as they saw the video that I made to your "platoon"  smile.gif  and your photo from adress you posted above.

My idea for us is to reenact a unit raised from the ranks of former romanian transylvanians from Rusia, who were previously serving in AH army. I know that they raised a number of regiments who arived in Iasi in 1917. Can you help me showing where I have to search in order to see details about the history of this transylvanian regiments from Romanian army in 1917, for we have to choose a certain regiment/batalion?

Thank you in advance, Bogdan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIN TARA MOTILOR EU AM VENIT!

Congratulations for your idea! It will be pleasure for me and the other Bulgarian reenactors to cooperate with your future group smile.gif
I just didn't understand what kind of unit are you going to represent ? Romanians of the AH army during the WW1 ?

This post has been edited by Sturmpionier on October 16, 2007 06:13 pm
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: October 16, 2007 05:11 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (Sturmpionier @ October 16, 2007 04:46 pm)
Congratulations for your idea! It will be pleasure for me and the other Bulgarian reenactors to cooperate with your futere group smile.gif
I just didn't understand what kind of unit are you going to represent ? Romanians of the AH army during thw WW1 ?

We'll reenact a romanian unit, from Romanian ww1 army, built up from romanians from Transylvania who were formerly enlisted in AH army as they were previously AH citizens. They were captured or surrended to russian army, because they didnt want to fight for AH monarchy, as they were actually romanians.

After the capturing/surrendering to russians, transylvanian romanians POW from Darnitza, Ukraine declared: "we will return only into a great and unified Romania, for which purpose we are ready to give our lifes".*
For your better understanding, their own statement:
"We, the corp of army volunteers - oficers, NCO's and soldiers of romanian nation from the teritory of AH monarchy, ex-POW's, with the sacrifice of our lifes we are ready to go in battle for the fullfiling of our ideal: to unify all our people, all romanian teritory from AH monarchy, in one and indivisible free and independent Romania."*

The first batalion raised by them arived at Iasi in June 1917.*

Units raised by transylvanians (among them was the 16th Transylvanian Infantry Division) fought at Marasesti side by side with their brother romanians over Carpathian Mountains.*

All what is marked with * is cited from "Offensive operation from Apuseni Mountains" by col. (r.) Vasile Tutulea, Pietre de Hotar, vol. 7, page 11-12.
Kepi
Posted: October 16, 2007 07:00 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

I think the set up of a new reenactment group in Oradea is off this topic. sad.gif

To discuss this interesting subject, please go back to the old topic : http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=4087 wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: October 22, 2007 11:27 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

A shot movie about our service near Aurel Lazar's monument in Oradea, on 12th of October 2007. smile.gif

http://video.bihon.ro/members.bihon1/Dorob...wmv/viewer.html

This post has been edited by Kepi on October 22, 2007 03:10 pm
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: November 10, 2007 09:34 pm
Quote Post

The participation of 6th Guard Dorobanti Regiment reenactment group at Oradea can be see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSDg36H-Mo

as I taped them.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2721 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]