Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> site to play on in the US in West Virginia, trying to get a good idea of terrain
RHaught
Posted: August 15, 2007 12:33 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

Well, we are thinking of hosting an Eastern Front event here is the US. We did Italian Campaign last year but I am having a little bit of difficulty trying to come up with an idea to model the scenerio after. Here is the link to the photo gallery I have up with photos. The land is 100 acres. Hoping to do Romania or Hungary but any feedback is great.

Farm in West Virginia

My grandfather owns it and he is a veteran of the Pacific Theatre serving with the 1st Cav Division from 1942-1945. There are also several veterans alive in the area as well which would allow access to hear their stories.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: August 15, 2007 02:37 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Would it be feasable to design the scenerio around the area north of Iasi in May/June or August of 1944?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Victor
Posted: August 15, 2007 04:13 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Not if you're in the 9th Infantry Division. Better if you were in the 11th.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RHaught
Posted: August 15, 2007 05:32 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Not playing but hosting it so would like to make it an East Front event instead of Italy or southern France.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: August 20, 2007 11:37 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Would the terrain allow for a scenerio in the area of Roman or would mid/late 44 for area around Iasi?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Florin
Posted: August 23, 2007 12:50 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (RHaught @ August 20, 2007 06:37 am)
Would the terrain allow for a scenerio in the area of Roman or would mid/late 44 for area around Iasi?

The countryside in West Virginia is the same as the countryside of Moldavia: hills, hills and again hills. Regarding the surroundings of Iasi, I was child when I traveled there, and the area looked more like a plain to me. However, there are some hills close to Iasi, too.
PM
RHaught
Posted: August 23, 2007 02:04 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Florin @ August 23, 2007 12:50 pm)

The countryside in West Virginia is the same as the countryside of Moldavia: hills, hills and again hills. Regarding the surroundings of Iasi, I was child when I traveled there, and the area looked more like a plain to me. However, there are some hills close to Iasi, too.

Florin, that is what I remember as well. Looking through my books to develope a time frame for the event. The terrain will allow me to get the battle designated for uniforms and gear as well as the type of fighting seen. The reality is that it doesn't matter the unit designation here in the US since being historically accurate would not allow a lot of reeanctment groups to participate. Also, are we going to see you sign up to reenact Romanian here in the US? wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Florin
Posted: August 23, 2007 05:49 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (RHaught @ August 23, 2007 09:04 am)
QUOTE (Florin @ August 23, 2007 12:50 pm)

Florin, that is what I remember as well. Looking through my books to develope a time frame for the event. The terrain will allow me to get the battle designated for uniforms and gear as well as the type of fighting seen. The reality is that it doesn't matter the unit designation here in the US since being historically accurate would not allow a lot of reeanctment groups to participate. Also, are we going to see you sign up to reenact Romanian here in the US? wink.gif

I should lose some weight, first. Maybe I should try to be younger, if I can find a time travel machine. Even though considering that by 1944 the exigencies for conscripts where not as tough as in 1941. They were about to die anyway.
And regarding my mood and my happiness, I would rather sign for a kamikadze unit this moment.
We will see - I cannot promise something right now.
PM
RHaught
Posted: August 23, 2007 09:56 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Florin,

You didn't look that heavy the last time! Besides remember the guys you saw in Philly. They were not all fit and proper for military duty. The Romanian group goes to the few Ostfront events it can so wouldn't take up alot of time for vacation etc. Hell, you can be the language instructor! wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0214 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]