Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 'Untold Chapters of Rumania’s Tragic Story', 'the War Illustrated' 17th March, 1917.
dead-cat
Posted: February 16, 2009 03:45 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

those are individual soldiers retreating, or "running away" if you insist. you'll find several situations when romanian soldiers did likewise.
that however, does not mean that the whole army is "running away" as you implied.

the eastern front was more or less coherent in the summer of 1917. while several units revolted when they had to attack (just as several french divisions did, also in 1917), they were still fighting defensively.
PMYahoo
Imperialist
Posted: February 16, 2009 05:36 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (razu @ February 16, 2009 10:36 am)

I think it takes a lot of "courage" to get over all these things and join the axis.And say "well it was in the best interest of the country".And then to say it was not double crossing.And then triple croosing....Or crossing back....Quite an athletic activity for a country smile.gif

Changing sides is a common occurence in world history. Nothing unusual about it. Nor despicable if you consider that each country has within it several visions on foreign policy and when the representatives of one vision manage to get to power, they'll steer the country according to their views.

--------------------
I
PM
razu
Posted: February 16, 2009 06:04 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2132

Hi,
Well this being a WW1 site I will try to resume my self to WW1.
So what do you think Mackensen would do to His Majesty King Ferdinad if he would have managed to break the Front at Marasesti(which was one of the most important battles of WW1,on the Romanian Front in the 1916-1919 Campaign).Taking into account that they were both Germans.I think Mackensen would have made him"ciorba de chiftelute";kind of a Romanian soup.
What do you think? smile.gif
razu
PMEmail Poster
dead-cat
Posted: February 16, 2009 07:06 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

I'm convinced he would rather eat him raw, being a Dead's Head Hussar after all. It's not every day you can take a bite off a Hohenzollern, is it? Especially since that makes him a relative to the Kaiser.

The time to harm a ruler of a different state had not yet come, therefore not Mackensen, not anyone would do anything to another king.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on February 17, 2009 02:21 am
PMYahoo
razu
Posted: February 16, 2009 09:39 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Dead Cat

The Quuen Marie 's cousin,the Empress of Russia, together with her daughters and his husband,the whole family, the Zar of Russia were being slaughtered in coold blood by the bolsevics.Arround the same time.
razu

This post has been edited by razu on February 16, 2009 09:52 pm
PMEmail Poster
dead-cat
Posted: February 16, 2009 10:42 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

that was a communist revolution. Imperial Germany, just as Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey were monarchies. In a monarchy the person of a king is sacred. All regicides i can remeber, in post middle-ages Europe, were actually performed by the respective's king own subjects.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on February 16, 2009 10:42 pm
PMYahoo
razu
Posted: February 17, 2009 06:18 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Dead Cat

Now you say that the Russians ,who were first to run away,are murderers together with their communist revolution.Few yers later the imperial germans bacame nazist,which is not far from communism.So what is Romanian with its marshall and their governments and their officers by allying with the nazists?
razu smile.gif

This post has been edited by razu on February 17, 2009 06:22 am
PMEmail Poster
Victor
Posted: February 17, 2009 07:28 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (razu @ February 17, 2009 08:18 am)
Dead Cat

Now you say that the Russians ,who were first to run away,are murderers together with their communist revolution.Few yers later the imperial germans bacame nazist,which is not far from communism.So what is Romanian with its marshall and their governments and their officers by allying with the nazists?
razu smile.gif

razu,
stick to the topic. It is a basic rule of this forum and in the short time you had been posting arounf here you showed a much too large tendency to disrespect it. This is the last warning.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dead-cat
Posted: February 17, 2009 09:57 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

QUOTE (razu @ February 17, 2009 07:18 am)
Dead Cat

Now you say that the Russians ,who were first to run away,are murderers together with their communist revolution.Few yers later the imperial germans bacame nazist,which is not far  from communism.So what is Romanian with its marshall and their governments and their  officers by allying with the nazists?
razu smile.gif

you seem to have this generalization fetish. apparently you like the world in groups "the russians", "the germans", "the whatever", who behave along some lines you imagine and exhibit very collective traits. make an effort and try to read (and perhaps understand) what i actually said and not what you had liked me to have said.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on February 17, 2009 10:07 am
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0374 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]