Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Disappointing Romanian figures
saudadesdefrancesinhas
Posted: October 31, 2006 08:42 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Group: Members
Member No.: 883

I have just received some of the Lancashire Games WW2 Romanian figures I ordered.

They are 20mm scale, for wargaming.

The problem is, they are not very good. The packs I have, the figures legs are far too long and they look odd, and their helmets are so big they look like chinese peasant hats.

This is a shame, otherwise the torso and the heads/weapons of the figures are good. Some of the poses are quite boring.

Does anyone else collect Romanian figures for wargaming? I think, at least, that I have examples of most 20mm manufacturers now. The best, I think are Shell Hole Scenics and Raventhorpe Miniatures, both do big ranges with mountain troops, cavalry etc.

The worst would be Tin Soldier, apart from the officer with his hand raised.

PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: November 01, 2006 06:56 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

look i think that the 1:6 scale models will rise up your mood
link==> http://www.actionfiguren-shop.com/oxid.php...rt/tpl/-/lang/1 wink.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
saudadesdefrancesinhas
Posted: November 01, 2006 12:23 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Those models are funny! laugh.gif

Imagine having a wargame with such models, the table would need to be huge!

I am thinking of trying to make my own 20mm Romanian figures because it is so frustrating that there are no really good ranges for the Romanians. sad.gif

I don't know how good they will be but I will try!
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
  Posted: November 01, 2006 04:52 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

QUOTE (saudadesdefrancesinhas @ November 01, 2006 03:23 pm)
Those models are funny! laugh.gif

Imagine having a wargame with such models, the table would need to be huge!

I am thinking of trying to make my own 20mm Romanian figures because it is so frustrating that there are no really good ranges for the Romanians. sad.gif

I don't know how good they will be but I will try!

there are some guys who make dioramas with such things,but outside.Check one of my favorite links: www.tiger1.co.uk wink.gif (you won`t be disapointed smile.gif )
PMEmail PosterYahoo
dead-cat
Posted: November 02, 2006 10:26 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

i bought a musketeer from there some time ago.
as the figures are quite expensive, the costs for a diorama would be huge. not to talk about 1:6 vehicles

imho 1:32 is the biggest affordable scale for 1 vehicel & 5-6 figure dioramas.
for anything beyond that...1:72

i have only a few 1:32/1:35 figures from forces of valor respectively tamiya (machinegunner set), the rest is 1:72 (most of them yet untouched) and quite a few are from the 30 years war and 7 years war.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on November 02, 2006 10:28 am
PMYahoo
Québec
Posted: November 02, 2006 06:32 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 197

At least, for small scale wargaming you have figurines! Even if the quality is not good. There was a thread on this forum about 1/76 Romanian figurines from the company HAT. Maybe those are a little better! For 1/35 scale modelling, nothing... and my attempts to modify were freaky to say the least sad.gif !!!!!!!!!
PMMSN
saudadesdefrancesinhas
Posted: November 02, 2006 11:13 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

QUOTE (Québec @ November 02, 2006 06:32 pm)
At least, for small scale wargaming you have figurines! Even if the quality is not good. There was a thread on this forum about 1/76 Romanian figurines from the company HAT. Maybe those are a little better! For 1/35 scale modelling, nothing... and my attempts to modify were freaky to say the least sad.gif !!!!!!!!!

I didn't realise there was nothing at all in 1:35! sad.gif

There are more in 20mm/1:72, just many of the ranges are a bit disappointing. I know of the following ranges of metal figures:

Tin Soldier

Shell Hole Scenics

Raventhorpe Miniatures

Lancashire Games

Figures, Armour and Artillery.

HaT in plastic

Shell Hole, FAA and Raventhorpe also make some nice vehicles. I have settled on Shell Hole Scenics for the moment as they are the best I have found. They also make a good range of cavalry and sailors.

Still, does anyone know of others?

PMEmail Poster
Québec
Posted: November 06, 2006 06:04 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 197

Yes! Nothing in 1/35. The major manufacturers are Asian, and the market there is German stuff! Sometimes, I find this hobby frustrating because if your not in the popular stuff, you find nothing.
PMMSN
dead-cat
Posted: November 08, 2006 09:24 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

i'm having the same problem, especially with ww1 stuff.

while there are a few niche manufacturers, much of the stuff is from white metal, not to talk about the expensive resin ship kits from WSW.

but i guess, manufacturers need to make money too, which means serving the mainstream market which, as far i can tell, is german armor and allied and german aircraft.
artillery kits are rare and 1/35 figures are mainly from tamiya and dragon (i think).

that's because the mainstream market for figure kits is 1:72 and from what "my" local store has to offer, napoleonic age.

but there is allways ebay.

This post has been edited by dead-cat on December 10, 2008 03:05 pm
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0793 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]