Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need help please!!(reenactment)
Messerschmitt
Posted: January 18, 2007 06:59 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 975

QUOTE (Cristian @ January 18, 2007 09:36 pm)
By the way,despite your rank,with all respect, a little spanking is the treatment you need! biggrin.gif

hahah lol laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Alexei2102
Posted: January 18, 2007 07:43 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

The thread is way offtopic now. Get back on topic guys, please.
PMEmail Poster
darius1941
Posted: January 19, 2007 02:22 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

I agree this topic has gone off the road somewhat so lets get it back on track and
maybe bring it a step further!
If I remember correctly you wanted help in getting a unit started!
There is not too much that I can say about romanian units as it is still somewhat of
a new area for me that Iam looking into but as far as reenacting gose I have been doing it since 1979 and it has been just ww2 german that I have been involved wi
th and have meet and been commanded by some good nco/officers and not so go
od ones.
The good ones did not command by rank but by respect and the desire to engage
the enemy and win.
Which is not always so easy as the american reenactor can give a good account of themselves.
The bad nco/officer dress themselves up with a rank they did not earn nor knew how too use so they did a bad job and you guessed it got everyone killed!

My best advice is forget the unit and get yourself a uniform and rifle and reenact!
Learn everything you can about reenacting first then worry about a unit later.
Every piece of equipment you carry has a real use and learn how to each piece as the real soldier used it.
Wait until those boots you are wearing start cutting into you feet when you have too march up those hills when the weather is in the 90s and the sun is beating down on you on that road march.
And in winter there will be times when you have too sleep in the cold but you really do not sleep as it is to cold so you stay up most of the night.
You learn by doing.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Kepi
Posted: January 19, 2007 12:26 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

I fully agree your oppinions concerning reenactment.

However the military is basically a gathering of armed men lead by a commander in order to fight against an enemy. I think that individual fighter is rather an exception than a rule within the warfare. To learn regulations, to respect discipline, to obey orders (including the stupid ones) make the real life of a soldier. Bad commanders existed also in the real military life.

In our group, the 6th Dorobantzes, we have a strict hierarchy and every new member enter as a recruit, and only after at least 6 months, participation at one major event (which means to be drilled according the respective epoch regulations) and acquiring the uniform and equipment for that period, he is promoted private 2nd class (soldat) . Further promotions are made very slow according the merits (strictly observed in our unit regulation), his contribution on the association activities and vacancy among our unit. Our group has now two officers (a senior and a subaltern) who are the initiators and the coordinators of our association, a sergeant-major responsible with the drill and tactical training, two sergeants (flag carrier and ordnance), 8 Privates (2 of them are Private 1st class-Fruntas) and 4 recruits. The artillery section of Ploiesti has 1 sergeant and 3 gunners.

I think is better if someone select the unit he wants to reenact because he must make his uniform according the specific branch of service or particular unit, acquire his equipment, weapons, etc. The reenacting is more than a individual physical and endurance challenge and the reenactor should also accept and understand all the nuisances of the peace time military life (drill, obedience, corvees).

Messerschimitt is still very young. If he is really interested in reenacting he must know this is not an easy task and should have a mature approach upon this hobby.
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
  Posted: January 19, 2007 01:37 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

QUOTE (Alexei2102 @ January 18, 2007 09:43 pm)

The topic is now useless as the
"23th battalion of vanatori de munte"
dose not exist it was a lie invented by a 12 years old child, having fun mad.gif . Therefore any post here is off-topic; this topic should be closed.
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: January 19, 2007 03:35 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

QUOTE (mihnea @ January 19, 2007 01:37 pm)

dose not exist it was a lie invented by a 12 years old child, having fun mad.gif . Therefore any post here is off-topic; this topic should be closed.

Mihnea is right this topic should be closed.

This post has been edited by Claudiu1988 on January 19, 2007 03:37 pm
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: January 19, 2007 04:23 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

QUOTE (Claudiu1988 @ January 19, 2007 06:35 pm)
QUOTE (mihnea @ January 19, 2007 01:37 pm)

Mihnea is right this topic should be closed.

I have nothing against this.Please,Victor,go on! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Messerschmitt on January 19, 2007 04:23 pm
PMEmail PosterYahoo
darius1941
Posted: January 20, 2007 11:35 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Thanks Kepi for the information on your unit!
I would like too talk further on reenacting but that would have to be on a different
topic than this one,as this topic is heading for the end.
But before I go I do want too say that your unit seem to have a good organization and that is very important.
Messerschimitt,in the future if you ever get over here for a reenactment let me know.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
RHaught
Posted: January 21, 2007 03:09 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

My WWII German unit has something similar to Kepi. You are a candidate (have a face-to-face interview to make sure no real believers make it in) until you have attended 6 events (18 months to do this) of which 3 are overnighters (Friday night through Sunday morning). At the following event, the members discuss the candidate and vote on admittance. After one year move up one rank and after the 3 years move up to the next rank automatically.

Darius, when are you going come out and play? Think there are some EF events coming up in the future! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PS Of topic but someone has a gasmask and canister on Ebay for at least $165
blink.gif wacko.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Romanian gasmask/canister of Ebay
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
darius1941
Posted: February 09, 2007 01:18 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

I was able too observe Rhaughts unit in action last september while acting as a judge at that event and was impress as to how well they performed in the field!
That was the later part of the day so I was able too watch some other units both
axis and allied,during the morning and sorry too say that some of them acted less
than acceptable so they lost points for their side!

Rhaught,sorry for not getting back too you sooner!
I am getting myself ready for reenacting and the EF event this april is looking good
so far! biggrin.gif
I will replie too your recent email in a day or so,just trying too stay warm during thi
s cold spell which is on us.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RHaught
Posted: February 09, 2007 02:53 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (darius1941 @ February 09, 2007 01:18 am)
Rhaught,sorry for not getting back too you sooner!
I am getting myself ready for reenacting and the EF event this april is looking good
so far! biggrin.gif
I will replie too your recent email in a day or so,just trying too stay warm during thi
s cold spell which is on us.

Well there might be some more events coming up and this is more like a sub-zero freezer with the wind cutting through the streets here in NYC! blink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0353 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]