Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need help please!!(reenactment)
Messerschmitt
Posted: October 17, 2006 08:12 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 975

I just founded the" 23th battalion of vanatori de munte" (yes, with a double t)
can you give me some advices please??? smile.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Kepi
Posted: October 18, 2006 05:20 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Great! What kind of advice do you want? Do you have uniforms or other equipment? How many members are in your “unit”?

For the beginning I suggest to read my post ( http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=15 ) in order to have an idea about the basic requirements for such an activity.
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: October 18, 2006 06:25 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

yes,we have almost all the eqipment except the gasmask and the uniforms will be ready somewhere in december.

P.S We are now 25 but there are gonna be more in the future
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mihnea
  Posted: October 18, 2006 11:23 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

QUOTE (Messerschmitt @ October 17, 2006 11:12 am)
can you give me some advices please???

If I'm not blind blink.gif you are 12, your msn identity is "dobitocu22" (don't want to translate that in English). So until you will be able to show me an ID card you can continue to play CoD2 and buy plastic rifles. After you will be 14 that you could start dreaming of participating at reenactments, not tot to mention creating your own group. Until you will reach 18 you would have changed 10 uniforms, not to mention boot pairs.

QUOTE (Messerschmitt @ October 18, 2006 09:25 am)

Probably all those 25 members (are your class mates and friends from your block) all aged 12 that means that in reality you are half that number to compensate for the size... laugh.gif .

Now seriously. At your age you can't be part of a reenactment group unless one of your parents is member and even so you won’t be able to be a full soldier because of your are to small to wield a rifle. So if you create a reenactment group with you friends you won’t be able to participate at any reenactments because you are all too young.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: October 18, 2006 10:43 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

mihnea is correct; even in the US insurance requires you to be 18 to hold a rifle, 16/17 with a parent present or legal guardian with signed papers and any younger no weapons at all, mostly courrrier, ammo carrier, radio, etc.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: October 19, 2006 06:51 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Messerschmitt,

Your enthusiasm is very impressive, but as Mihnea and Ralph said, to be a reenactor imposes a lot of responsibilities. You have to understand the period and try to fit into the old times military life. You have to learn military regulations and, when in action, to accept to obey your superiors’ orders, some of them not very pleasent for a young person (to have a haircut and shave the fancy moustache or beard, to abandon the earrings, bracelets or rings, etc. ). It’s also an expensive hobby as you have to acquire the uniform, the equipment and (hopefully) the weapon, to participate at training execices and shows, etc. But most of all, the reenactors handle edged and fire weapons and explosives and have to be careful to not wound themselves or someone else.

In most reenactment groups young people between 14-18, participate at reconstruction shows only accompanied by their elder brothers or parents, and are not allowed to use fire weapons.

If you are 12, you may start your “reenactor career” by participating at military shows as spectator, collecting items of equipment and informing yourself about the period and unit that you would like to join or to set-up.

This post has been edited by Kepi on October 19, 2006 06:51 am
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: October 21, 2006 06:26 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

QUOTE (mihnea @ October 18, 2006 02:23 pm)
QUOTE (Messerschmitt @ October 17, 2006 11:12 am)
can you give me some advices please???

If I'm not blind blink.gif you are 12, your msn identity is "dobitocu22" (don't want to translate that in English). So until you will be able to show me an ID card you can continue to play CoD2 and buy plastic rifles. After you will be 14 that you could start dreaming of participating at reenactments, not tot to mention creating your own group. Until you will reach 18 you would have changed 10 uniforms, not to mention boot pairs.

QUOTE (Messerschmitt @ October 18, 2006 09:25 am)

Probably all those 25 members (are your class mates and friends from your block) all aged 12 that means that in reality you are half that number to compensate for the size... laugh.gif .

Now seriously. At your age you can't be part of a reenactment group unless one of your parents is member and even so you won’t be able to be a full soldier because of your are to small to wield a rifle. So if you create a reenactment group with you friends you won’t be able to participate at any reenactments because you are all too young.

oh really? There are 10 adults i didn`t mentioned between the 25 of us wich are older than me( most of them) And my father is actually the foundator of the group

P.S No one said we have guns tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Messerschmitt
Posted: October 21, 2006 06:40 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

and ok i got it i know it sounds crazy but it`s true! You got to belive me because it`s true!!!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mihnea
  Posted: October 21, 2006 09:43 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Oh that's very good... I'm very happy to hear that... cool.gif

Unfortunately our group has no plans for a WWII event in 2007; we are going to have only some WWI and independence war events. Therefore we would like to participate to the events organized by your group in 2007. biggrin.gif

All this being said what is your group planning this year, some living history events or some reenactments and were are they going to take place? huh.gif

Can you show me some pictures of the equipment you have gathered until now? huh.gif

PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: October 22, 2006 03:34 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

actually we are now searching for the pillboxes near Carei so we can organize the reconstruction of the battle from there.

P.S Sorry, i don`t have any digital eqipment
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Messerschmitt
Posted: January 07, 2007 10:54 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Now i need to say this: I am sorry! I just wanted to see how beliveable new members are. unsure.gif

P.S I really am sorry

This post has been edited by Messerschmitt on January 07, 2007 10:54 am
PMEmail PosterYahoo
darius1941
Posted: January 08, 2007 03:38 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that everything you said in your pass
posting was a lie?
If so,why?
There is no need too test the members of this Forum as to whether they believe what you say.
Being Honest and truthful in what you say is important!

And if you want to reenact do not go around and tell your fellow reenactors a bunch
of fake storys or you will get a reputation as a story teller.
Now if you post anything in the future on this Forum can we believe you or not?
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Messerschmitt
Posted: January 08, 2007 07:20 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

QUOTE (darius1941 @ January 08, 2007 06:38 am)
Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that everything you said in your pass
posting was a lie?
If so,why?
There is no need too test the members of this Forum as to whether they believe what you say.

And if you want to reenact do not go around and tell your fellow reenactors a bunch

yes,you can belive me,i swear it!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Messerschmitt
Posted: January 18, 2007 06:32 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

QUOTE (darius1941 @ January 08, 2007 06:38 am)
posting was a lie?
If so,why?

By the way sonny,treat me with respect,i have a bigger rank. laugh.gif
lol
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Cristian
Posted: January 18, 2007 06:36 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

By the way,despite your rank,with all respect, a little spanking is the treatment you need! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0710 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]