Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Which real unit as basis for WWII re-enactment?, Is there a Romanian WWII unit yet?
sid guttridge
Posted: September 25, 2006 07:56 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 591

Hi Guys,

Is there a Romanian WWII re-enactment unit yet?

If not, what real unit do you think it should be based on?

I would recommend one of the mountain units.

What do you reckon?

Sid.
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: September 25, 2006 08:25 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Yes both known reenactment groups, from Romania and from USA portray a certain unit; for us is 6th Dorobanti Regiment "Mihai Vitezu" that existed in all the three wars we reenact: Independence war 1877, WWI and WWII.

The group from USA represents the 9th Infantry Division 34th regiment Constanta, as stated on there site: http://www.9thromanian.com/ .

The problem reenacting a mountain unit is the lack of mountain boots, in Romanian is hard enough to find simple old style boots so in our group only three persons have decent boots (with natural sole with hobnails and the other metallic parts) the rest have boots with rubber sole (for the moment).

This post has been edited by mihnea on March 09, 2008 08:37 am
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: September 25, 2006 09:22 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

There is also the group who portrays the 4th Artillery Regiment. This is a small group of Ploiesti (4 persons) led by our forum colleague, Cristian.

user posted image
The artillerymen in "1877"...

user posted image
and in "1916"...
PMEmail Poster
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: September 25, 2006 11:53 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 328

Sid this is funny - me and some other member of this forum were thinking of creating a mountain corp unit (ww1 and ww2) but will probably do it next year.
PMUsers Website
Kepi
Posted: September 25, 2006 04:55 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Great D 13-th Mytzu. If you need some advice please don’t hesitate to ask. We are very happy to encourage any new reenactment group.

For WW1 the Mountain Battalion wore infantry style uniforms with dark-green piping and collar patches (a green fir needle). In WW2 the mountain troops uniform was a little bit different than the infantry: kaki beret instead of “capela”, special mountain boots and turned down white stocks.

It seems that the topic of Military Museum “Open Gates”, of May 2007, will be the WW1 (90 years from the battles of 1917), so it will be a good opportunity to join us.
PMEmail Poster
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: September 25, 2006 07:14 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 328

Ofcourse I will ask smile.gif in fact I would like us to "train" together and you to teach us as much as possible. ut untill then it will be some time - I guess we need a lot of money to do this and I really lack those unsure.gif
PMUsers Website
RHaught
Posted: September 26, 2006 12:53 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (mihnea @ September 25, 2006 08:25 am)

The group from USA represents the 9th Infantry Division 34th regiment Constanta, as stated on there site: http://www.9thromanian.com/ .

There is 5 of us who do Romanian as a secondary impression to our German (Heer and SS). First event as Romanian is next month in Massachusetts fighting along side the Red Army. If anyone there would like to come to an event in the future just bring your gear and can loan a rifle and get ammo here. biggrin.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
darius1941
Posted: September 28, 2006 02:44 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

I will be attending next month east front event as a romanian soldier along with Rhaught,so just to help with the realism part of reenacting,what kind of attitude
should we have toward the red army as romanian soldiers?
I have no idear as how the red army reenactors are going too behave toward us and we may just be the sacrificial lamb as far as they are concern. sad.gif
Any thoughts on the matter would be helpful.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
RHaught
Posted: October 03, 2006 09:03 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (sid guttridge @ September 25, 2006 07:56 am)
Hi Guys,

Is there a Romanian WWII re-enactment unit yet?

If not, what real unit do you think it should be based on?

I would recommend one of the mountain units.

What do you reckon?

Sid.

Sid,

you're more than welcome to fly over the pond to play any time
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: October 22, 2006 03:22 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Here is a link to some pics of the first event but unfortunatly I was the only Romanian impression to arrive. Still working on the impression.

East Front Event Haydenville, MA
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: October 22, 2006 06:07 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Great pictures Ralph. Congratulation for your efforts to recreate a Romanian WW2 impression in US! You “fought” on the Germans side?

It’s so pity that because of the great distance you couldn’t join us for future shows.
PMEmail Poster
sid guttridge
Posted: October 22, 2006 09:14 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 591

Hi Rhaught,

Good stuff!

Why not motorise your unit?

The only Romanian-built military trucks were licence-produced 1930s Fords.

You apparently can't find them in Romania nowadays, but there must still be a few in the USA.

Cheers,

Sid.

PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: October 22, 2006 10:26 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Kepi @ October 22, 2006 06:07 am)
You “fought” on the Germans side?

In the morning started on the German side and had special orders from the Event Coordinator at 11:45 to cross the lines and switch sides. Walked up to some Germans while doing this and "shot" 3 of them but didn't see the 4th. They were surprised! biggrin.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: October 22, 2006 10:28 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (sid guttridge @ October 22, 2006 09:14 am)

Why not motorise your unit?

The only Romanian-built military trucks were licence-produced 1930s Fords.

You apparently can't find them in Romania nowadays, but there must still be a few in the USA.

The 1930's Ford is very easy to find in all kinds of conditions. The cheapest are the ones that need to be restored. Have found 1930's/1940's cars for $400 but talk about a lot of work to get them ready! Geeze, would take 2 years to do this and no place to do it in NYC.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: October 22, 2006 05:41 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

QUOTE (RHaught @ October 22, 2006 06:22 am)
Here is a link to some pics of the first event but unfortunatly I was the only Romanian impression to arrive. Still working on the impression.

East Front Event Haydenville, MA

Nice pictures and congratulations for your first event, I envy you because in the states are more reenactment opportunities, I can only dream of such an event at the moment. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0359 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]