Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Romanian Soldier
dragos
Posted: October 08, 2003 10:15 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I promiss to finish translating the story of sergeant Zamfir (my old veteran friend) in a couple of days. I'll put it on the forum as a new topic, it has about 5 pages in Word. It's a look of the battles through the eyes of an infantry seargent (pioneer), from the tranches. I hope you'll find it interesting.

I can publish it on Memoirs/Journals section of the site if you send it by email.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Der Maresal
Posted: October 10, 2003 04:58 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

Sounds very interesting, :wink:

+ the picture Dénes put earlier with the romanian troops at odessa does not work, but I found one from the same collection which I particulary like.. that is one with Antonescu meeting his favorite Fighterpilots - that's at least what the german title suggests.
I can recognize Cantacuzino.... does anyone know who the rest are?

user posted image
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: October 10, 2003 08:52 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Here is another scan from the same site (this time personnel of a Rumanian Stuka group):
user posted imagei

Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Florin
Posted: October 18, 2003 05:33 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

......But what are the comments from the enemy - the Russians - before the turnabout?  ......
Regards!

Hi Orok,

I cannot offer a quote or a text as a proof, but I can tell you that the Russians really did not like the Romanian mountain units. By "did not like" I mean they would prefer to don't encounter them.

Another important thing I don't see mentioned in this forum is that the Russians preferred to surrender to Romanians in stead of Germans, any time they had a choice, in 1941-1942. These Russian prisoners were not handled over to Germany, unlike after August 1944, when all German prisoners got by the Romanians were confiscated by our new big friend, Soviet Union.

Florin
PM
Victor
Posted: October 18, 2003 05:45 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Actually not all Russian POWs were kept by the Romanian forces and many were surrendered to the Germans, especially when the Romanian unit that captrured them was directly subordinated to a German one.
Der Maresal
Posted: October 22, 2003 04:35 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

Found this rather impressive Photograph of Marshall Antonescu adressing what appears to be hundreads, litterally hundreds of Romanian Troops, south of Kharkov.
Great Photograph! smile.gif

:idea: user posted image
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: October 27, 2003 05:55 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Soldier with submachine gun (Orita?), found also on eBay:
user posted image
mabadesc
Posted: November 04, 2003 09:06 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 40

C-2 previously said:

A few months ago I had the oportunity to meet some of the Vets that recieved the M.Viteazul order and were promoted by the prezident to Generals.I heard some amaizing stories about the Crimeea campain.

Don't keep us in suspense - please share some of the stories you heard with us. I'm sure everyone is interested in reading them.
PM
TIM
Posted: November 12, 2003 12:18 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 140

the romanian soldier was a breve one
most off them where from the county side and they was in grate shape
the condition from the front sometime for soldiers was even beter than home
my grandgrand parent was a soldierin aainfantery at the ploiesti moved from the heavy artilery
he was wonded in the batle for defending the rafinary aria
he was a wonded by a shrapnel in the right leg

after the 23 aug when romania begin to fight against ger hy go back to the havy artilery
he fight on too the hungary,cehozlovacia
he had fight whit a vicios ss
PM
TIM
Posted: November 12, 2003 01:58 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 140

THE ss was the real problem for the hevy artilery transport
10 or more ss men have left behind and camufleted on the ground or anything than can be used
i remember one time when my granfather told me what it hapend when his men face at the river crossing in hungury .
when a machingun have plased near a rod in a tree ,a very big tree and kill some 5 men .also 2 horses used to cary the canonos.
they imediatly bombarded the tree.
often ss where fanatics ,and did kamikaze many time during the rod to berlin
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.5716 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]