Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian impression at Stalingrad
Kepi
Posted: July 19, 2006 11:53 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

I found on a Russian website, presenting a reconstruction of Stalingrad battle, organized near Rostov, a photo of a “Romanian soldier” dressed in winter uniform.

user posted image
http://www.stalingrad-info.com/

The great coat looks OK but the buttons seems to be german instead of big khaki paint romanian ones. The roll-up collar sweater , the muffler and the light-gray puttees are a little bit off-topic. However, the efforts to portray a Romanian infantryman somewhere in Russia is most praiseworthy.

The MG-34 HMG was not used by the Romanians in 1942-43. A Czech ZB-30 LMG would be more suitable fort that pose.
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: July 19, 2006 12:31 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

The MG-34 and 42 were LMG+HMG=GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun).

The puttees are covered in snow and ice, the fabric of the pants is very similar to Russian fabric used in WWII uniforms.

But the reenactment was fantastic, judging from the pictures, not often you see a LT-38 and t-28 in running condition "fighting" each other.
PMEmail Poster
Cristian
Posted: July 19, 2006 01:39 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 415

From the same source:
Grinning Russian youngsters strut around the farming village carrying a heavy load of German trophies-ammunition belts, machine guns and rifles they have gathered in the battlefields outside Stalingrad.

photo seems like taken in 1950th.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Infantry
Posted: July 20, 2008 08:19 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1281

Hello. I'm from Stalingrad. This is romanian soldier from Stalingrad's club "Pehotinetc". We have only 2 romanian soldier now. And we don't have good uniform for them. But we find...
This foto from reenactment november 2007. Stalingrad's romanian.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

Thanks. Anton.

This post has been edited by Infantry on July 20, 2008 08:51 pm
PMEmail Poster
Ferdinand
Posted: July 20, 2008 08:30 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 1486

nice!

thanks guys for sharing the pictures.

seeker
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
C-2
Posted: July 20, 2008 08:45 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Very nice.
PMUsers Website
Infantry
Posted: July 20, 2008 09:00 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Thanks comrades.
Making romanian soldier is very hard, but this is very interest.

On this site have more fotos from juny 2008 reenactment.
http://www.livinghistory.ru//index.php?showtopic=17920
PMEmail Poster
guina
Posted: July 21, 2008 04:56 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 1393

Quote Infantry
Спасибо за румына. Благодаря бегству румынской армии был обеспечен успех контрнаступления Красной армии под Сталинрадом.

translation:........Thanks to the defection (running ) of romanian army was assured the succes of Red army counter offensive ......
True,not true,but certanly a widely held poinion.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: July 21, 2008 05:28 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (guina @ July 21, 2008 10:56 am)
translation:........Thanks to the defection (running ) of romanian army was assured the succes of Red army counter offensive ......
True,not true,but certanly a widely held poinion.

To what particular time period this quote refers to?

BTW, 'defection' doesn't mean running (away)...

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kepi
Posted: July 21, 2008 06:07 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Infantry @ July 20, 2008 08:19 pm)
Hello. I'm from Stalingrad. This is romanian soldier from Stalingrad's club "Pehotinetc". We have only 2 romanian soldier now. And we don't have good uniform for them. But we find...
This foto from reenactment november 2007. Stalingrad's romanian.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

Thanks. Anton.

Hello Anton!

Congratulations for your romanian WW2 impression. I know that the reenactment movement in Russia is very much developped. We are glad to hear that the romanian army is also represented... There are some changes to make to be done on your uniform: the shape of the "Capela" (field cap), the cuffs of the tunic, etc... I'm sure you will improve your appearence...

For information concerning the uniforms and equipment of the romanian army in WW2 please see: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=15

There are several historical groups in Romania who reenact also the WW2 period. More information concerning their activity you could find on their site: www.6dorobanti.ro

smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Infantry
Posted: July 21, 2008 06:07 am
Quote Post

Soldat

QUOTE (Dénes @ July 21, 2008 05:28 am)
To what particular time period this quote refers to?
PMEmail Poster
Infantry
Posted: July 21, 2008 06:29 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Many thanks. I know, that a uniform and Kepi at us are not so similar. We cannot find a variant for manufacturing the Romanian uniform anywhere. If we would have a cloth of suitable color we could sew a good uniform. Also we cannot find and a ready retort of a uniform. Has found only two sites italianfront.com and http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...en_romania.html On the first site very dearly, on the second site sellers are silent. Thanks for the reference. The truth I already for a long time was on this site. At us already it is a lot of information on a uniform and equipment.

This post has been edited by Infantry on July 21, 2008 06:32 am
PMEmail Poster
guina
Posted: July 21, 2008 08:53 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 1393

Dobro pojalovati pehota !

and General,I know that "to defect "as in Pacepa is not the same thing as "to run",but it was early in the morning and i coud not find the proper word,so i stand corected !
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: July 21, 2008 10:46 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Infantry @ July 21, 2008 06:29 am)
Many thanks. I know, that a uniform and Kepi at us are not so similar. We cannot find a variant for manufacturing the Romanian uniform anywhere. If we would have a cloth of suitable color we could sew a good uniform. Also we cannot find and a ready retort of a uniform. Has found only two sites italianfront.com and http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...en_romania.html On the first site very dearly, on the second site sellers are silent. Thanks for the reference. The truth I already for a long time was on this site. At us already it is a lot of information on a uniform and equipment.

You're most welcome!

To find a suitable kaki fabric cloth for uniforms is a big problem for us too. We use to adapt old communist style uniforms for our WW2 impressions, even if there are differences concerning the cut and the shade of colour. The communist time kaki was greener than the WW2 pattern. If you could find british kaki cloth you could use for the Romanian uniforms because the colours were very similar…

smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Infantry
Posted: July 21, 2008 03:03 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Thanks. Danke.
I have noticed similarity of color of a fabric with the British uniform too. It seems to me, that the Polish uniform is similar too on color if to be based on site Schippenfabric. But for us these prices very dear. Unfortunately In Russia there was no similar color of a uniform from cloth. But we do not lose hope, all of us we shall equally find the necessary fabric. And whether there was at Romanian a soldier a uniform from cotton? And the equipment on our Romanian is similar on realy? I did this equipment itself, using photos from your forum.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1419 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]