Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Some period photos....
erikofnorway
Posted: November 20, 2006 08:33 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 960

Further to the information above, he told me that with his "Rumenian Ritterkreutz" (as he calls it) he received a HUGE and very impressive award certificate together with a certain tract of land in Rumenia (I cannot remember the exact area). The certificate was left at his home in Breslau, and was stolen by the Polish he claims.

Would this be in line with the Order of the Crown?

Erik
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
mabadesc
Posted: November 21, 2006 05:49 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

For "Mihai Viteazul" and other orders, land was given in Sinaia (next to the military unit by Cabana Schiori) and in Predeal on Postavaru.

My great-grandfather received land in both of these locations. Though we sold the land on Postavaru, we still have a small vacation home on the land in Sinaia (between Peles and the military base).

I'm not sure exactly for what orders he received this land, but I sure would like to find out.

I think he also received other land lots as part of medal/order awards, but we lost track of those.

The lots are usually relatively small - 1000 m2.

Hope this helps.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1426 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]