Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mota and Marin who died in Spain
Der Maresal
Posted: September 26, 2003 04:08 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

I would like to hear more from those who know about the circumstances of the Deaths of the Legionnaires Mota and Marin who went to fight in the Spanish Civil War and did not return. How did they die, - there is a song I have to find about Mota and Marin and there is a phrase of "bloody face", I believe one of the two had a bloody face before dying. It was probably an artillery bombardment, I don't know.
These two were some of the most important legionnaires and they became "Martyrs" after their deaths. Songs were written ..etc..
user posted image
I have to look for that song which describes a little but not much the circumstances of the deaths of these two brave Romanian volunteers.
PMMSN
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: September 27, 2003 03:13 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

A history profesor wrote me once that Mota and Marin died at Madrid (or nearby) fighting against the "reds". I do not know, unfortunally, the circumstances.

Salutations,
BM
PMMSN
Carol I
Posted: December 05, 2003 03:34 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

Vasile Marin and Ion Mota died on 13 January 1937 in Majadahonda during the fights for Madrid. As far as I know, Majadahonda is situated just north of Madrid and this is why its name is not mentioned that often. Majadahonda and the date of 13 January 1937 are written on two stamps and a block issued by the Romanian post in the autumn of 1940.

In the 1960s or 1970s a large monument was built in Majadahonda for these two Romanians and the monument is now in the care of a Spanish falangist organisation (off topic: the current Prime Minister of Spain, José María Aznar, has been a falangist in his teens).

If you would like some further information, I think that you could find it on the net starting from this data.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: December 13, 2003 04:20 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 9

Very interesting legionnary medal "Mota-Marin"...

user posted image

Source : http://www.allromanianmedals.home.ro/

Getu'

P.S.: I purchased it! biggrin.gif
PMUsers Website
^All^
Posted: September 19, 2004 01:47 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 344

For more information go to www.miscarea.com
It's a legionaire site and you will find something about Mota and Marin there. Good Luck.
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0725 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]