Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New book "Rumanian Aces of World War 2"
MaxFax
Posted: June 26, 2003 04:21 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Osprey Publishing has just realesed a new book about Romanian world war 2 aces, author Denes Bernad. Take a look at : http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_deta...php/title=S535X
PM
Dénes
Posted: June 29, 2003 07:01 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Indeed, my book has been published by Osprey this week.
For details, see the recently posted messages on my discussion forum:
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31

Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: July 26, 2003 08:36 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 53

The second big strike of Mr Bernad. The "Rumanian aces of world war 2" is a well documented study about the life of "vanatori" as Mr Bernad said "with their achievements and their losses"

Plenty new information about forgotten pilots and units helped by a lot of new photo. Very welcomed is the discription of the Odessa campaign with the PZL units. Also new facts about the "volte-face" of 23 august 44 and anti Axis campaign. Beside the romanian new facts, a novelty consists in the documentation of pilots names downed by romanian pilots. For exemple the 11 kills ace Nikolay F Khimushin downed by capt Bazu Cantacuzino on his legendary combat of 27/07/1943

The study become the root of the history of " vanatori" and it will pass some time that someone else will do better.

Sincerly yours, B Miclescu
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: July 26, 2003 01:19 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Thank you, fruntas Miclescu, for your kind words.

Indeed, that is my main goal, namely to publish books on the history of ARR, which can then be used as reference for future, expanded titles. So far, it appears that I succeeded, as - besides books published outside Rumania, which already make reference to my Sq./Sig. and other books - the two recent titles published in Rumania apparently also 'inspired' from my work - e.g. the book published by AeroMagazin (see my comments elsewhere in this forum).

Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: July 26, 2003 03:54 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Dear Mr Bernad,

Endeed, the "Histoire de l'aviation roumaine durant la deuxième guerre mondiale" is a study based on your first major book (that i know) about Romanian aviation.Also the article of the "l'ARR dans la deuxième guerre mondiale" published in no 17(i don't remember exactly) of the WingMasters magasine. I hope to get the other book of Modelism in august. I will be at Ghencea cimetery on 18/08/03 at the thomb of Al Serbanescu and maybe in the afternoon i will go to Modelism editions.

The only study in non-romanian language that i think is not based at 80 per cent like the others upon your book, is "Les Messerschmitt Bf109 roumains" published as Hors série no1 at AirMag magazine in France.

So "Keep walking" on this way!

:wink: :wink:
Trully yours,
Bernard
PMMSN
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: July 26, 2003 03:56 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

forgot to tell "sa traiti Domn plutonier major" !!!!!
laugh.gif
PMMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0341 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]