Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Legion of Archangel Michael
maxpower
Posted: November 12, 2005 04:13 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

Does anyone know the names of men who belonged to this movement?
I know only of 2 members Horia Sima & Cornelius Codreanu I'd really like to find out
some other membrs
Truly, thanks everyone!
John
PMEmail Poster
vicslav
Posted: December 23, 2005 05:51 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 318

Hi !

An other leader from this movment was Mihai Stelescu.

Leader of "Fratie de cruce" before join up "Garda de Fier".

He was killed in july 1936 by gardists.
PM
vicslav
Posted: December 26, 2005 05:41 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 318

See this page (the first photo) :

http://www.miscarea.com/1940f.html
PM
Victor
Posted: June 18, 2007 11:23 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Two off-topic posts were deleted.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
LupulDac
Posted: February 21, 2009 12:01 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2397

QUOTE (maxpower @ November 12, 2005 04:13 pm)
Does anyone know the names of men who  belonged to this movement?
I know only of 2 members  Horia Sima & Cornelius Codreanu  I'd really like to find out
some other membrs
Truly, thanks everyone!
John

why are you so interested in knowing names, rather than the history...it seems a bit strange to me...why do the names matter to you? give me a true reason and i might share some info
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: February 27, 2009 07:27 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

What does "history" mean to you? Is "history" not made also by people with names?

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
maxpower
Posted: May 10, 2009 12:53 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 623

Findimg out the names ofpeople involved with the Axis pwers has been an interest of mine for over 10years I just find it very interesting
I will continue to do so
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: May 10, 2009 07:35 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Of course! I just replied to "Lupuldac", which seemed to be a "hothead". Among the names of "legionnaires" or "guardists" (you know it was called "the Iron Guard" for a while), the guys that fought in Spain, during the Civil War worth mention: Ion Mota and Vasile Marin; plus, let's say, two other guys who served - for a short while, it's true - in the government under King Carol II (a sworn enemy of the movement): Vasile Noveanu and Augustin Bidianu. Others would be the three that assassinated the prime minister I. Gh. Duca (29.12.1933): Nicolae Constantinescu, Ion Caranica, Doru Belimace or the "decemviri", who assassinated Stelescu (16.07.1936): Ion Caratanase, Iosif Bozântan, Ştefan Curcă, Ion Pele, Grigore Ion State, Ion Atanasiu, Gavrilă Bogdan, Radu Vlad, Ştefan Georgescu, Ion Trandafir.
Is it enough?

--------------------
M
Alexander
Posted: February 17, 2010 08:22 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2739

Radu Mironovici and Mircea Eliade were other two members of the Legion of the Archangel Michael. Radu Mironovici was one of the founders of the Legion and he was a political prisoner during the regime of Ion Antonescu and the communist regime.
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: February 19, 2010 01:57 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Eliade was not a member, but a sympathizer! Nobody found the "nest"/"brotherhood" whose member he was! Not a big difference, but still wink.gif

--------------------
M
Radub
Posted: February 19, 2010 02:42 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 476

"XYZ was a sympathiser" was used as a "smear" by many to destroy reputations. The truth is that when the "Antonescu 2" Government was created in September 1940 with Iron Guard members, the National Legionary State was declared and all political parties were declared illegal, EVERYONE could be called a "sympathiser", because there was no one else to "sympathise" with. After the failed legionnaire uprising in January 1941, many innocent people got into trouble for being "sympathisers". Such is the power of that accusation that even to this day, the quickest way to ruin" someone's reputation is to call them a "legionnaire" (just like calling someone a "securist") and that will be taken for a fact without the demand for any proof. Ion Iliescu, for example, used that to destroy the reputations of his opponents Iuliu Ratiu and Radu Campeanu- many still believe that.

But here is the irony: there are many Romanians who have very strong opinions about ethnic groups (deportation, denial of rights, diminution of status, etc), territorial claims, the "national state", the "supremacy of Romanians", etc (some even write on this forum). Well, all of that is very much in line with the legionnaire doctrine. So, even without calling themselves legionnaires, some of these people can be seen as "sympathising" with legionnaire ideas. rolleyes.gif

Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MMM
Posted: February 19, 2010 08:48 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

I strrrrongly agrrrree! (Chhhhred cu tărhhhie)!
The idea was that Eliade had no "paper proof" of belonging to the Iron Guard; well, none other then many of his writings smile.gif
As for the ex-legionnaries' policy elements, they belong to the right wing doctrine, so it shouldn't be a surprise.
Have a good weekend! A right one! tongue.gif

--------------------
M
contras
Posted: February 19, 2010 09:24 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

Not just Eliade, but Cioran and Eugen Ionesco were acused that were legionaires, too. Few years ago, it apears a book in France about this.
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: February 20, 2010 07:50 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Right-wing ideas were very popular among intelectuals those days! The only problem (well, actually it's not just one, but...) is that these "heavy" names are now forcefully associated with the extreme right to "legitimate" it - or what calls itself extreme right in today's Romania!

--------------------
M
Amicus_Plato
Posted: January 09, 2011 02:41 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2974

QUOTE (contras @ February 19, 2010 09:24 pm)
Not just Eliade, but Cioran and Eugen Ionesco were acused that were legionaires, too. Few years ago, it apears a book in France about this.

Eugen Ionesco was never a legionary, as his political opinions always inclined to left. Cioran was indeed a legionary, as many other young intellectuals who were drawn to the Legion coming from various (and different) backgrounds, because the Legion seemed then to be the only force able to cleanse the slough of corruption from Romania and to move her from the periphery of the civilized world, giving her a historical destiny.

This post has been edited by Amicus_Plato on January 09, 2011 04:15 pm
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0470 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]