Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The attack of Delfinul
crolick
Posted: November 17, 2006 10:15 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 740

QUOTE (Victorian @ November 17, 2006 04:27 pm)
Hello, all, in the last issue of Modelism (5-2006, number 100), page 4 you can see a facsimile of Bibi Costăchescu's original report about the attack.

The date is 2 November, hour is a bit doubtful due of superimposing, it may be either 8:00 or 8:30. The "3" is impressed harder so it may be the correct figure.

He says "we see a big ship of about 12000 tons making route to cape Aitador, coming probably from Batum." No mention about any name.

The place is somewhere south of Crimeea. Anyway, earlier, at hours 3.30 they were 5 Miles South of Yalta.

Hello,

is it possible to put it here on the forum. I would love to see that report!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victorian
Posted: November 18, 2006 02:48 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 894

Hello Crolick,

Please note the file from Delfinul logbook is in romanian, so if I understood well that you are Polish, it will be of little use to you unless you speak romanian or if I provide a translation. Better than having me fumbling with scanners etc contact me privately to send me a postal address, and I will send you the brand new issue of the Modelism magazine. I found it two days ago on the newspaper stands so it is quite possible to find another copy next week. As for the copyright etc and additional information, it is better to contact the author directly,as he -Cristian Craciunoiu- is also a member of this forum.
PMEmail Poster
crolick
Posted: November 18, 2006 05:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 740

Hello Victorian,

yes I'm Polish but romanian is not a big problem since in my PhD school there are many Romanian students...

How can I contact with the author - Mr. Cristian Craciunoiu?! [what nickname he has?]

Yes I would love to see that Magazine but how can I contact with you privately [any PM here on the forum?!].

And thank you!! smile.gif

Cheers,
Andrzej
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victorian
Posted: November 20, 2006 08:07 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 894

Hello Andrzej,

So I understood it is no problem for you to find someone to provide you a reliable translation from romanian. This is good.

I sent you a private message, it seems you did not notice it. I got another copy of the "Modelism" magazine for you. I think you will find that very interesting, it has also a map of the place where the torpedoing had happened. Please send me your postal address in a private message here (click on my name and a menu will appear). As for Mr. Cristian Crăciunoiu, he is here under his own name. Just take a look for example in the thread named "FULGERUL" on this forum, the navy part, page 4. I think you just have to be patient, sooner or later he will notice this thread and will perhaps come in with additional information.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0424 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]