Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> suggestion: a key- word - searching machine
jivana
Posted: October 04, 2005 03:12 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 639

Sometimes you just search just for an item or a key- word and it is often difficult to find the subject you are searching for in all the discussion threads.

So I suggest that at the beginning, on the first page of the forum and on the first page of the homepage, be a searching buttom for the subject you are just searching for in this moment.

This buttom should lead to links in this site that contain the searched word.

Regards

PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: October 04, 2005 05:22 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

If you get too many results, you can narrow your search by using two or more keywords on the subject.

You can search for a keyword in the topic titles only by checking the "Search titles only" in the "Search Were" box of the Search Engine. For convenience, you can also try to display the results as posts, by checking the "Show results as posts" radio button from the "Result Type" box. However in this way you can miss discussions on the specific subject that do not include the keyword it in the topic's title.

I'm not very sure what you mean by placing a search button on the first page of the forum. The search button is in the header of every page of the forum.

This post has been edited by dragos on October 04, 2005 05:25 pm
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
jivana
Posted: October 04, 2005 08:45 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 639

Hello Dragos,

I want to apologize, because I really hadn´t seen the bottom before. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for the indication.

You´ve got a wonderful search engine (I tried it before writing the answer).

Sincerely with great respect
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0213 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]