Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Calendar, Change from old style to new style
agblume
Posted: October 03, 2005 08:55 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 688

i am new to the forum, and have already found a number of excellent threads that have added much to my research of Romanian military history, especially aviation, during 1890s to early 1920s. i would like to ask fellow members to make clear the calendar they are using when they offer information on Romanian air and ground victories and losses, or for that matter, other military events.

it can (and already has caused) a lot of confusion which can easily be prevented. there was a 13 day difference between the two calendars. it was not until 1 April 1918 that the calendar was changed from Julian to Gregorian, so the date became 14 April 1918.

i really appreciate all the time and energy that so many people put into their work. i offer my respect to Professor Valeriu Avram, a true aviation historian. thank you. best regards, agblume

you are invited to visit www.warchron.com - a chronological history of Russia in World War One, with over 750 images and 30+ maps. there is much about the Romanian Campaigns. there are also free aviation and military bibliographies available when interested people fill out a questionaire and submit it. hopefully we can have a Link Exchange with worldwar2.ro. it would benefit all. 360.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cainele_franctiror
Posted: March 23, 2008 09:21 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

The change of calendar was in 1919. It was because we had two different calendars on our country after the making of Great Romania
PM
mateias
Posted: April 08, 2008 06:13 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 1704

Royal Decree of March 1, 1919 and starting with April 1, 1919.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1152 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]